CrazyBoards.org

CrazyRedhead

Mid-Term elections---Please VOTE tomorrow..!!

If you are having mid-term elections in your state this year, please try your best to get out and and vote....This is especially important if you don't like Trump.

I make no secret of the fact that I despise the way Trump has been running things, so I will be voting blue all the way.....My state is having elections this year for Senator and House representatives.

This is a very important mid-term election, probably the most important since I can remember....

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

This is a very important mid-term election, probably the most important since I can remember....

I agree. The stakes are too high not to vote. Please don't let apathy stop you from voting. We desperately need a large turn out. I also agree that this is the most important mid-term election in my lifetime. 

• Like 2

Omg YES. There’s too much at stake.

I’ve been heartened that early voting has been so heavy, with a lot of young people turning out. Their eyes have been opened, however rudely. My son can vote for the first time this year! 

I’ll be parked on the couch Tuesday night, in front of cnn, popcorn in lap, small champagne on one side, Kleenex on the other. Let’s hope I don’t need the Kleenex! 

Edited by Rabbit37
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Rabbit37 said:

Let’s hope I don’t need the Kleenex! 

I'm hoping you won't need it either.....!!   Your son must be excited to be voting for the very first time.....:)

Just another friendly reminder to people in America.....Please VOTE tomorrow. (Tuesday, Nov. 6th)....Your vote does count, and the stakes are high.......This is a very important election...!!

Also, I would like to quote JFK, who was president when I was born:

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal."   .......John  F. Kennedy

I think JFK would be deeply saddened by the current administration and the way they've been doing things, but we CAN make a difference if people go out and vote tomorrow......!!

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I think JFK would be deeply saddened by the current administration and the way they've been doing things, but we CAN make a difference if people go out and vote tomorrow......!!

I think a whole bunch of past presidents would be saddened by the current administration, both Democrat and Republican. I was no fan of Ronald Reagan, but at least he was no xenophobe and his manner of discourse was more to unite us than divide us. I don't think we have ever seen in the history of our country an administration like the current one.

• Like 2

Please please please let this be a turning point in the utter fucking chaos we’ve endured so far in this circus of an administration. 

Every. Vote. Counts. 

• Like 3

Arizona here; voted via early voting mail and sent in my ballot October 12th! Voted for democrat Kyrsten Sinema for senate, and she actually might just get elected. I'm ecstatic, Arizona turning blue??? Trump has upset many old school, more moderate Republicans. Please make sure you vote people, it is such a privilege to be able to live in a country where you can vote, exercise your right! My first elections were the 2016 ones, and I have voted in every election since. VOTE! VOTE BLUE!

• Like 2

Already did Absentee voting. 

• Like 2

voted :-)  There was a line at 10:00am, which is not typical (usually that's too late for people who work a traditional schedule and too early for people who do shift work).  I talked with the election official and she said that they were absolutely slammed at 7am.  Hoping that that bodes well for things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just voted. I am somewhat disheartened because I live in a rural area that is strongly pro-Trump and the turnout was very strong. Lots of pro-Trump votes. I did my part. All I could do.

• Sad 2

@jt07, try not to feel discouraged....there are plenty of Trumpers where I live, too.....I think it's about half and half in my area.

My vote counted today, and yours did, too........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

I live in a majority-Hispanic area of Nashville.  Turnout among PoC was insane.  

So glad to hear that!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

I live in a majority-Hispanic area of Nashville.  Turnout among PoC was insane.  

I live there too!

voted back on the 18th I think it was. 

Nothings looking too hot anymore though. 😢

except maybe Beto. 

2 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

I live there too!

voted back on the 18th I think it was. 

Nothings looking too hot anymore though. 😢

except maybe Beto. 

You live in South Nashville or just a similar area?

I’m not even sure. 🤣 been here 12 years and still don’t know... At Trevecca university. Just realized I shouldn’t put exact place I live with google. 

Edited by DammitJanet

1 hour ago, DammitJanet said:

At Trevecca university

My mom attended Trevecca University years ago. She considered it Nashville.

51 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

this is looking increasingly frightening.

Yep.

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

this is looking increasingly frightening.

Wow, I can't believe it.......I just had to stay up and see election results, so I had some coffee about 9:30pm....Big no-no for me, I'll probably be up most of the night...

Update:    My Democratic Senator has retained his seat......! !

The House has flipped to Democratic control.....YAY..!!!!!!!  My House District I voted in flipped from Repub to Democrat.

The Republicans will still control the Senate :(....... 

But the Democratic controlled House can gridlock any legislation Trump tries to get through, and they'll probably do all kinds of investigations on Trump.:D

At least the Repubs won't control EVERYTHING...........That's good news, right??

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Wow, I can't believe it.......I just had to stay up and see election results, so I had some coffee about 9:30pm....Big no-no for me, I'll probably be up most of the night...

Update:    My Democratic Senator has retained his seat......! !

The House has flipped to Democratic control.....YAY..!!!!!!!  My House District I voted in flipped from Repub to Democrat.

The Republicans will still control the Senate :(....... 

But the Democratic controlled House can gridlock any legislation Trump tries to get through, and they'll probably do all kinds of investigations on Trump.:D

At least the Repubs won't control EVERYTHING...........That's good news, right??

Yeah, that's good news. Glad to hear it.

However, state results for my state are a nightmare. A Republican sweep. The incoming governor has vowed to revoke the medicaid expansion which means I will be without insurance. A House race that I followed closely went Republican. The state issue I favored went down in flames.

I am very discouraged. I think I'm done with voting. My candidates and issues never win. And the results tonight show me that this is not the America I grew up in.

Edited by jt07
  • Sad 2