AirMarshall

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF SUICIDE...

58 posts in this topic

Well they say a desperate man will be desperate.

Yesterday noon I got really drunk and made an attempt on my life by gashing my wrists in my room. One of the people that work at the semi-independent placement came in because I didn't answer and I got rushed into hospital. I was given some blood and I have 23 stitches now. But again they send me home...at least this time with high intervention, so I get seen daily. I'm trying to get a second opinion doctor asap, the crisis team have been pushing me. 

Yesterday noon I got really drunk and made an attempt on my life by gashing my wrists in my room. One of the people that work at the semi-independent placement came in because I didn't answer and I got rushed into hospital. I was given some blood and I have 23 stitches now. But again they send me home...at least this time with high intervention, so I get seen daily. I'm trying to get a second opinion doctor asap, the crisis team have been pushing me. 

So Sorry this happened. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths before your care providers take notice.

1 person likes this

So Sorry this happened. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths before your care providers take notice.

I didn't do  it for them to take notice....if I was going to do that I wouldn't have been bleeding to death

What I meant is I've been that miserable and fed up about life in general that I was desperate and played Russian roulette with my wrists. 

1 person likes this

I didn't do  it for them to take notice....if I was going to do that I wouldn't have been bleeding to death

What I meant is I've been that miserable and fed up about life in general that I was desperate and played Russian roulette with my wrists. 

I didn't mean to suggest you did it to get attention. I've just seen how you've been struggling and how your doctors haven't been of much help. 

2 people like this

Something I learned when I was first suicidal is "you never know". Life could continue to go the way you think it will when most depressed (a completely skewed outlook), or it could change drastically for the better in terms of circumstances and how you feel. 

I was so glad and grateful later that I didn't succeed in ending things. I hope you get the help soon that you need to stick around and see what happens.

Peace...

The only thing that keeps me from suicide is the knowledge that I don't always feel like that. In that moment, I am so desperate that it seems like the only option but I know also that it will pass. It might take weeks though, and it really fucking wears me down.

I've resisted emergency care in the past but the next time I probably won't.