Photo

Bad sunburn and I feel so sick...

Posted by SunshineOutside , 19 February 2009 · 9119 views

:(

I can't believe this! I'm on my Fourth day of a bad sunburn and I don't understand why I feel so sick. I'm nauseous and my head is spinning. I'm much better than the first couple of days when the burning was so bad and now I mainly feel sick!

I had to miss group on Tuesday and volunteering yesterday and today and they told me to just take Friday off too. I feel bad because my supervisor was trying to get a project out that I was working on. I feel like I let them down.

Yesterday, my boyfriend said "well, it's been over 48 hours..." But I feel sick and don't know why!

Please send healing thoughts my way...

And yes, I called the doctor and he said to take Ibuprofen and use Aloe so that's what I've been doing.

Ugh,

Sunshine Outside

Are you on ACs or Lithium?

This might be something you want to have looked at. If you're feeling sick after 4 days, I think it warrants a trip in to see the doctor. Also the continued nausea and dizziness is worrisome.

If your GP isn't worried, you may want to see if he'll see you anyway just in case. I don't know.
I agree with Susan, SO. 4 days sounds like a long time.

*sending those healing vibes*
Photo
SunshineOutside
Feb 19 2009 04:00 PM

Are you on ACs or Lithium?

This might be something you want to have looked at. If you're feeling sick after 4 days, I think it warrants a trip in to see the doctor. Also the continued nausea and dizziness is worrisome.

If your GP isn't worried, you may want to see if he'll see you anyway just in case. I don't know.

Hey Susan,

I called my doctor again and am waiting to hear back from the nurse. I forgot to mention that I also have headaches and chills.

I'm on Lamictal. My face is peeling.
Photo
SunshineOutside
Feb 19 2009 04:03 PM

I agree with Susan, SO. 4 days sounds like a long time.

*sending those healing vibes*

Thanks S9. :)
Might you have sunstroke and be dehydrated?
Photo
SunshineOutside
Feb 19 2009 07:15 PM

Might you have sunstroke and be dehydrated?

Good question but I don't think so. My skin is cool to the touch now other than my stomach and it is not very hot now.

The doctor didn't call me back today. How unprofessional! And uncaring!

After a long nap, I'm feeling better now. Thank you.
Photo
Phoenix_Rising
Feb 19 2009 10:14 PM
Just sending some healing vibes.

Take care!
Phoenix
Keep drinking lots of water and if you don't feel better in the morning, call the doctor again. Sounds like sun poisoning to me.

Do I need to send you some SPF30 sunscreen? ^_^

olga
Photo
Phoenix_Rising
Feb 20 2009 11:18 AM
How are you feeling today, SO?
Photo
SunshineOutside
Feb 20 2009 11:44 AM
Hey Phoenix,

I called the doctor this morning. He said to drink lots of Gatorade, get some emotrll (sp) and come in if that doesn't help. But, I'm feeling a lot better this morning.

My faces is peeling all over the place. I had breakfast with my son this morning at a restaurant. It took everything I had to put on clothes but I'm really feeling much better. Thanks for asking.

I hope you are well, too.

Sunshine Outside
Photo
Phoenix_Rising
Feb 20 2009 11:48 AM
That's good to hear, SO!

Take care,
PR
Keep drinking those liquids. I'm glad you feel better, SO.

olga
Photo
AirMarshall
Feb 21 2009 02:03 AM
Wow, that sounds like a baad case of sun poisoning. Lamictal can increase sun sensitivity, but this is extreme. Sound like you need to update your outdoor wardrobe to floppy hats, long sleeve blouses and lots of sunscreen!

cheers, a.m.

or Sign In

November 2014

S M T W T F S
161718192021 22

Recent Entries

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

My Gallery Albums

The content of individual posts on this site are the sole work of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and/or policies of the Administrators, Moderators, or other Members of the Crazyboards community. Health related topics should not be used for the purpose of diagnosis or substituted for medical advice. It is your responsibility to research the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, services, and other information found on the site, and to consult with your professional health care provider as to whether the information can benefit you.