CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Cetkat

Having a hard time

Well, so far nothing else has been said. I'm content with leaving it alone for awhile.

I think the main thing is that I've transferred my anger towards my mother onto my sister. Haven't said anything to my sister about anything directly, so no conflict there. It's just in my head and in my conversations with my mom/brother. She is the one responsible, and with how hard things have been for me lately... my gut reaction is that I just want my Mom back. I'm smart enough to just not drop it - that wouldn't be right or healthy. She hurt me so much and that's still burned in my mind. But at the same time, she's a kid. She really is. I mothered her all the way growing up. She doesn't understand how to navigate the adult world to be honest. She was manipulated and probably didn't have the skills to recognize that and respond properly. And now she's bending over backwards to apologize. That, to me, is enough to receive forgiveness. Not trust, but forgiveness.

I suppose this is a big turn-around.. but well.. sometimes that's how I am. I let things go.

So, yes, I want to talk to her. Even level. Casual. Try to determine if a deeper relationship could be possible again in the far future. I think this is the right thing, right?

What do you all think? Am I being too lenient? Or is my response appropriate?