CrazyBoards.org

25 minute walk to and around the park by my house.  I think it'll be a good change of pace.  I'd been going in circles around my condo complex, but I could always just head home quickly when I got bored.  With the park, I have better scenery and I can't just bail part of the way through.

I'm hoping to talk myself into a 20 minute yoga practice.  Jury's still out on that one. 

35 min of yoga. i think i did a good job pushing myself this time. 

dances, i hear you about getting bored. i don't love walking for the sake of walking unless i've got a dog or friend with me. 

On 11/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, echolocation said:

35 min of yoga. i think i did a good job pushing myself this time. 

dances, i hear you about getting bored. i don't love walking for the sake of walking unless i've got a dog or friend with me. 

nicely done on the yoga.  That's more than I have endurance for these days.  It definitely works better to walk with company of some sort, furry or otherwise.

I did a 25 minute walk at the park and changed my direction so that I'd try to get something a little new.  Strangely it worked.  I did end up going a slightly different path than normal because I missed one of the turns (I have zero directional sense).  But it worked.  I also did a 20-minute yoga routine and some planks. 

I saw about 10 people running and 1 cycling when I was out this morning.  Gives me motivation to get out there and do it myself.  Time to stop making excuses for why I can't do it. 

i wonder if maybe dropping the minute count for yoga might help convince me that any is good. i'm not sure the number fixation is super healthy.

but anyway, did some gentle yoga focusing on stretching my hips. i had sciatica a few years back and periodically get mild shooting pains down my legs if i sit too long. i find stretching helps.

A bit of a walk on a treadmill.  It’s so much harder because the scenery isn’t changing and I’m not committed to going a certain distance like when I’m in the park.  

Now time for yoga.

yoga yoga yogaaa. longer practice today which was good. i feel all wobbly and stretched out. :-)

treadmills always seemed dull to me if you have no other stimulation. i've seen people have success by watching tv while using the treadmill, or maybe podcasts if you're into those?

yoga and a walk in the park for me (a literal one, not a figurative one)

yeah, treadmill is rough.  it's getting colder and I have to have an alternative to my outdoor walking...or maybe I just need to dress better.  The tv in the condo gym doesn't have sound, so it doesn't make for a great option unless there are basketball or football games on.  I tried a podcast over the holidays and only made it a short period of time, but it's possible that I just chose the wrong podcast.  I could also in theory use the recumbent bike and bring a book. 

Ooh, South Pacific sounds lovely.  Enjoy the break.

Today was a combination of walking around the park (I've got to switch to doing two laps sooner or later), yoga, and planks. 

If I end up employed (that's a really, really big if), I'm going to have to come up with a new approach to exercise because my current approach is to get it all done in the morning relatively close to when I wake up.  I will be realistic and say that that's not an option if I'm going to work in the morning.  I don't do early mornings.  It'll be too dark to use the park in the evenings.  So...probably treadmill or recumbent bike.  Ick.

Logging in to remind myself that it's possible...I left my house this morning and it was rainy, so I figured I'd go to the gym in my complex.  Forgot that the gym was closed on Saturdays (dumb decision in my opinion).  Debated just going home and remembered that there's a woman in my support group who walks 4-5 miles per day regardless of the weather (excluding ice, I think).  Used her as inspiration and pushed on.

I only got 15 minutes in, but it's more than I would have naturally done.  I owe her a thank you.

I'm hoping that I'll get yoga in before the end of the day.

trx stuff. forgot how difficult it was with the balancing and core shit.

Not today.  Sat and Sunday are usually rest days because the rest of my workout schedule is intense during the week.  But I was physically active in that I did housework and ran errands/grocery shopped.

Crossfit class. Max weight front squats, then workout (WOD) with ring rows, front squats, and burpees for time

Trx yesterday. Rings dips rows pushups and pull-ups today