CrazyBoards.org
ahalo

Your Cocktail Deconstructed

13 hours ago, cakepop said:

IDfc anymore. I’m not taking anything. Screw everything.

Why? What happened?

15 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

Why? What happened?

Stopped everything except Klonopin to let my brain rest and go back to baseline. Then I will resume meds after speaking with my pdoc. I think I need Lamictal but I’m not really sure. I’m going to refuse any Antipsychotics for now. The voices will just have to continue as usual. 

My brain just needs a rest.

it seems like there's a pattern.  at night you want to go off everything, you take something to get sleep, and in the morning you're wiling to give the new drug a try again. 

am I overstating things?

if not, maybe it helps to at least recognize the pattern even if you can't find a way to intervene in it?

i know this stuff sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

it seems like there's a pattern.  at night you want to go off everything, you take something to get sleep, and in the morning you're wiling to give the new drug a try again. 

am I overstating things?

if not, maybe it helps to at least recognize the pattern even if you can't find a way to intervene in it?

i know this stuff sucks.

No that sounds about right. It’s because I’ve been taking Temazepam at night and within 2 hours I feel “normal” again and calmer. It carries to the next morning but the poisoned meds thoughts creep back in and the mental battle starts over.

well that seems like a lead into an idea for a possible med change.  or...and this is hard...come up with some sort of override that keep you taking it at night (geodon?) with the understanding that you're going to have doing it but have to and will feel better afterward.  sometimes it helps to write out a list of reasons to take a particular drug.

12 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

well that seems like a lead into an idea for a possible med change.  or...and this is hard...come up with some sort of override that keep you taking it at night (geodon?) with the understanding that you're going to have doing it but have to and will feel better afterward.  sometimes it helps to write out a list of reasons to take a particular drug.

I called the ER and spoke to the on-call pdoc over the phone. He wants me to wait until my bf gets home from work tonight and then take the Geodon. So I guess that’s what I’ll do but my mind is fighting me so hard right now about not taking it. 😶🔫

Posted (edited)

very true. In 2004, I said to myself that these meds are just going to fuck me up melt my brain..etc , I don't need them...and went on a nearly 14 year treatment hiatus, where as the years went on, it just got worse and more frequent.

Even today, every so often, I tell myself...i'm malingering, i don't have an issue, I've never had an issue. I must be faking this all for whatever reason. I don't need meds.

I'm just to the point where I know my brain is full of shit when it comes to gauging moods; despite what i may think, I know better..and to keep on treating the issue.

Edited by argh

Posted (edited)

My meds changed again!! But this is the last change until I see Pdoc in person soon.

Clomipramine 50 mg, Klonopin 2 mg and 1 mg prn, Ativan 1 mg prn

Edited by cakepop

Lithium (750 mg, split 150mg/600mg) - mood-stabilization/anti-manic

Lamictal (250 mg) - mood-stabilization/antidepressant

prazosin (2 mg) - for PTSD-related nightmares and symptoms

ativan (2 mg, split 0.5mg/1.5mg) - anxiety

fanapt (6 mg) - anti-psychotic

Luvox (25mg) - OCD

Nonpsych Rxs: synthroid (100 mcg) and xyzal.

PRN non MH - imitrex (anti-migraine); treximet (stronger anti-migraine); zofran (anti-nausea) and bentyl  (GI symptoms/anti-spasmotic)

Due to three rounds of botox injections, I fortunately don't need the migraine medication very much these days.

My cocktail has changed and so has my attitude.  You can see the difference in my signature as I have altered it to reflect my newfound self-awareness.  

I added CBD oil into my cocktail.  I've been on it for roughly a month.  I don't think it does anything dramatic to my thinking process but I read it's good for overall health so I'm all in.  If it helps me live longer, I'll take it!  

Klonopin 0.25mg-0.5mg twice a day - Antianxiety/Antipanic

Prozac 20mg a day - Antidepressant/Antiobsessive

Rexulti 1mg a day - Antipsychotic/Antidepressant

Trazodone 50mg a night - Sedative

Naltrexone 50mg a day - Anti-opioid/antiaddiction

Truvada 200mg/300mg a day - PrEP/HIV protection