CrazyBoards.org

Hi i have been having certain parts of songs repeating in my head over and over again im a 30 year old male not sure what is causing it me and my brother was going down the road the other day and it started in the car out of the blu  i did not have any songs in my head and we was not listing to any music and then all of a sudden this old timey toon got in my head like some old blue grass gospel song that i really never heard  but it was in my head some how maybe i heard something similar to it before but am not sure anyways now songs just play over and over in my head if i listen to them or not but am not sure why i have never had a problem with songs before playing in my head like this if anyone has any info or insights it would be very helpful. thanks

This sounds like a normal earworm sort of deal to me but maybe it may look like something else to someone else. Sorry if its causing you distress.

I've always had this. I notice it more when I'm going through a tough time emotionally. I will often have the same song going for days. Usually that song has something to do with the emotional issue. Example: when I dumped my ex, the Meat Loaf song "I would do anything for love" repeated in my head for days. Also, my brain starts making changes to the song, like changing the key or adding instruments or notes. 

Sometimes I can get rid of a song by listening to other music, especially something I like that I haven't heard in a long time. I also find that if I listen to a new song or album a few times, my brain plays the new songs back for a couple of days.

Just wanted to let you know that I responded on your other thread.

I've been dealing with that since childhood. I will usually play the song I have stuck in my head then randomize the other songs on my ipod. soon I have a different song in my head. for me it just cycles through many songs all day. 

There are certain songs I LOVE but can't listen to because I do play them over & over in my head for days & days & days.  Also I can hear a certain sound, like the Beep Beep Beep of heavy equipment backing up...and that is like an introduction to this song:  Oh..My...Pappa.... for some reason as sung by Gomer Pyle...also...certain files at work...there is a Toms file - when I work on it I sing "Ground control to Major Tom..." over and over.  So I dunno.

Edited by quitter

I've had this since childhood. Thought it was normal. Sometimes it will be the same song for days before it changes songs.

Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to answer that question.  Determining if an issue is primarily neurological vs primarily psychiatric in nature requires face to face evaluation by qualified health care providers.

A good place to start would be your primary care provider and ask for a referral if needed.

This happens to me a lot too.  Every day.  Just wanted to let you know you arent' alone.

This happens to me all the time. It's so "normal" for me I don't even notice it anymore. There's always a snippet of a song going through my head. Usually something I have listened to recently, or before bed that sticks with me.

A lot of people say they get it too but I'm not sure it's the same as what I have. Mine doesn't stop even in bed at night and is usually 2 lines of a song on repeat. Right now it's "Valentine's Day by Green Day, I don't really like the song but its there.

Same with me, the song repeats 1-2 lines over and over until I just fall asleep.  When I wake up another song is in my head almost immediately. 

My brain does the same thing. i get words & sentences stuck in my head, too. For me, it's just another way my OCD manifests itself. Happens when I'm feeling anxious.

Whenever my brain gets unfocused, the song "Rock the Boat" by the Hues Corporation starts running through my head. I like that earworm, luckily.

I get both songs and words/phrases really aggressively stuck in my head much like you described, to the point where I can't concentrate properly on anything else. It's often accompanied by compulsions. Tdoc says it's part of my OCD.

to the point where I can't concentrate properly on anything else.

^THIS.