Software Update Finished, feedback welcome Read more... ×
CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sofia

Venting and cutting..

Well today was a shit day to put it lightly. Now I hope I don't sound like a whinny overly emotional girl. I just want to vent. I really don't care who reads this or if no one reads this at all. I just need a way to get my emotions out in words.

My mom has one of those steel safes with a combination. She keeps my medication for depression and anxiety, along with some razors in there.  For the past couple of days I've been trying to crack the lock and figure out the combination with no luck.  This kind of behavior drives my mom nuts. She'll go of into a rage and call me a fat narcissistic conveying bitch. She always surprises me with new insults to call me that she's made up on the fly. 

I just can't take it anymore. She's been Especially emotional  after her boyfriend of 5 months dumped her. Well today all that pint up anger burst out of her and she slapped me hard across the face after a long argument. This was really nothing new but she usually never hit so hard. I just stood there with my hand on my face shocked. She then told me that I was a mistake and that she should of taken my fathers advice and got me aborded 

that was the last straw. The  Desire to stop living was so great that I ran to my shower and took a [sharp] that I had been hiding for a while [description of activities]. When I was all done my thighs didn't even look like thighs anymore.they just looked like a mangled mess. It doesn't even hurt. I've desensitized myself to pain. I just feel stinging. 

Edited by WinterRosie
Took out some descriptions

Hi. Welcome to CB. I'm glad that you've found us although I'm sorry for your reason for being here.

This particular forum has some guidelines, though. So I'm editing your post to keep within them; because we're a pro-recovery board we don't need graphic descriptions of your activities. If you want to edit your post yourself then please feel free.

It's super-shitty that your mum is beating you. You deserve to be kept safe and abuse is the opposite of that. I'm glad that you're here. I wonder if she ever is too, when her emotions aren't clouding her judgement.

What are you doing to look after your thighs? I imagine that they're a horrible place for infections.

Hi,

I’ll get straight to it, your mums shit. 

With advice on your situation you need to talk to someone. If you have other family live with them. If not they’ll be someone else.

Telling someone about your mum is the best option. I know cutting is tempting as someone who has also done it.

But think about someone you love real or fictional. Make there love greater than the pull to the cutter. 

lets start with the age of 11. First suicide attempt, failed. Second attempt a year later, tried to drown myself. I figured these attempts would work, because i did die from a head injury when i was 8 and my heart restarted. Cutting myself was not my first option but i got there, eventually. at the age of 14, i started freshman year of highschool, and took two classes that really interested me. Auto shop and machining/welding. I have had a large strive to learn how to fix/create because im running from the fact i cant fix myself. at this point, my depression is bad, so ive shut out everyone to keep them from dealing with me. 3 year later, while taking those classes over and over, there was never an incedent that could get me killed, but i did learn pain, and i learned it well. busting up my hands working on cars, molten steel on my skin, i have countless scars. Then something happened. I fell in love. For the first time in years, i looked forward to the next day. But she strung me along, and my life got drastically worse. I was abused from a young age, physically, emotionally, and verbally. I felt like no one cared, and i couldnt deal with the heartbreak, so i became an alcoholic. ive temporarily put off drinking, but i dont know for how long. for three straight weeks, i woke up and did the same thing. Ate, felt dead inside, and would check by finding ways to draw blood.cutting myself, "falling" onto a nail in a board, working on a car to let the wrench slip. I had to check and see if i was still alive, everyday. Ive cut that down by a little, no pun intended, but i still cant deal with the feeling of being dead, and knowing that life goes on. Im (theoretically) in a better place, but i dont feel it. Can anyone help me understand this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bear//faced
      I kind of made this account on a whim at 3 in the morning on a thursday but i guess i just want to rant
      Ive been clean for about two years no sometimes i did little things to hurt myself but nothing  i never considered that """self harm""" i guess because i couldnt get in trouble for it// I relapsed for real last weekend and while i was doing it i liked it and it "took me back" i guess// But now i regret it so much, the florida summer is not forgiving and ive been wearing thick crewnecks every day// i forgot how much the aftermath sucked but i still want to do it again// Ive been seeking out triggering content nearly every day stuff on instagram mostly// Its not helping and im getting more depressed every day// I was supposed to hang out with my friend before he left for Europe but i canceled because i was so anxious to leave the house  also to go to his house alone// Ive been canceling plans a week in advance, that ive had planned for weeks// i left my house yesterday to go the mall and wondered around for 2 hours alone// mostly this is a rant about how shitty ive been feeling for the past week. sorry// probably never going to post again idk
      https://soundcloud.com/premeseams/bearface-quiver?in=popsiclesordeath/sets/ciaran-2

• By JynNotGin
      Hello,
      Recently I had a bought of noise that I wasn't able to fight off well due to being distracted by a personal issue. Of course, the reason I lost footing in the first place was because of the mildly stressful issue.
      What I am wondering, is if there is a better way to distract the voices.
      I am usually able to mute them by using foundational logic to win. But, when something has me questioning my beliefs in my choices and actions (which is irritatingly easy to do), I am at their mercy. I used to have 'good' voices that would hold my body back from doing anything physically because of the 'bad' voices. I had cleaned them all out a while back while trying to get better. This has left me openly exposed for these sudden surprise attacks on my sanity. I don't want to rely on 'good' voices anymore. This has been used against me in the past for me to psychologically manipulate myself into living how I wanted to myself to live. I hated that. It wasn't only me manipulating myself. It was crazy. I don't even know if it was me doing that to myself or if it was one of the 'bad' voices in particular who had a name. I don't want to believe that he could do that, so I try to say it was myself. It would be impossible for it to be myself manipulating myself... But, this is currently the only way I can move on until I can find actual help.
      Sorry about that weird spiral. Yesterday I scratched the word "mistake" into my arm while arguing with the voices and coming up at loss in the battle for a while. While in conversation, I am lost in thought fighting, when I lose something else can get control of my body. I forgot to have a notepad and pencil ready. They so want to make their mark on reality that they will carve their words onto or into anything. I've put up quite a few psychological stops over the years that prevented self harm, but a lot of those were linked to the 'good' voices who would battle with positive noise against the negative noise. One of the other stops I've made is the use of the cyrillic alphabet instead of the latin alphabet with any written discussion having to do with my voices so that they are forced to translate the letters over. This means the word "mistake" was scratched into my arm in cyrillic letters. This used to slow the majority of them down, but not anymore. I've also forgotten the numb feeling and the weird sensation gotten by pain that makes it through the haze, because it no longer registers as pain. I used to use the boiling frog hot water method  as a means for pain management due to a chronic condition. Either that or hot wax. I have forgotten all of these important things until now as I write this. It makes me feel pretty stupid for forgetting all of this and getting so comfy thinking I was getting better.
      There has got to be a better way to distract the voices and win than to rely on honing 'good' voices. I don't want to rely on voices to fight voices when I am powerless. I want to find a physical means, something more real to help.
      Any suggestions?
    • By X Anime Lover X
      I’ll get straight to it, I cut myself.
      This was my first time cutting. 
      I don’t know why, the thought of cutting kept haunting my mind. I decided after school I would do it. Just once.
      I was alone in the house at the time and got everything I needed. I had a first aid kit, a small screwdriver and a sharpener. 
      I took out the blade and I was nervous and did it high up on my thigh. I cut twice on my thigh then on my hips. I got carried away and cleaned up the cuts. There were more cuts then I intended and I cleaned everything up hiding the evidence.
      I’m a little shaky from what I did but I don’t regret it.
      I don’t believe I did it and it doesn’t bother me. 
      I’m scared what others will think if they find out. 
      Help me.
    • By tryp
      This thread is a directory of several other threads with great suggestions on things you can do RIGHT NOW instead of self-harming, and great resources you can use in your recovery.
      http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/200-alternatives-to-si-and-other-coping-skills/
      This thread is a big jumble of posts from other members about alternatives they have found helpful.
      http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/16001-what-to-do-right-now-instead-of-si/
      Alternatives to self-harm sorted into groups based on different emotions that might be making you want to SI.
      http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/43071-i-wanted-to-self-harm-today-instead-i/
      "I wanted to self harm today - instead I..."
      Enjoy!
    • By Tori_D
      So when my parents first found out about me self-harming was in 6th grade I was bullied, my parents were getting a divorce, and my parents would always yell at me for everything. Well I started to cut myself a lot and one day for the gym I was dressing out and a girl had seen my arms and told the counselor that then told my parents. My mom and dad both told me I was selfish, attention seeker, and how they're disgusted with me. I told them I was bullied a lot but they said they didn't believe me. So from then I just would hide how I felt and I had stopped cutting for about 2 months until things got bad again and I started to cut where no one can see, and I still cut today. I'm depressed at 14 now, but I don't have anyone I can go to to get help without having my parents fucking call me a disappointment.