CrazyBoards.org

philosophin

What have YOU been avoiding lately?

1 hour ago, Jessamine said:

That's a good idea. I might get my husband to call and make the appointment for me and he can just tell me on the day it's on that I have it, that way I won't agonize over having an appointment so far away. Thanks!

You're welcome :)  That would be great if your husband helps you out.  Just one suggestion ... I wouldn't wait to the day of the appt to find out your appt is then ... personally I need a "warning" of at least a day (so maybe ask your husband to tell you the day before?) so I can mentally prepare myself to having to get out and go somewhere.  If I wake up and all of a sudden hear that I have to go out somewhere when I was planning to be home, that stresses me out.  Idk if something like this would be helpful, just talking from experience. 

17 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Dealing with what's going on in my life completely.  I avoided CB last night because I was paranoid and then heard a voice that was saying there was no reason for things, so I took seroquel.  I think the seroquel helped with getting me to sleep but I don't want to use it for the long-term. 

I just want things to go back t normal and yesterday I wasn't help make that happen. 

I feel ridiculous saying I felt/feel at time paranoid about crazyboards,, but it happens occasionally.  I don't know why.  Maybe because the time period prior to the ER and hospitalization was so weird that everything remotely close to it gets dumped into the trauma-based paranoia piece.  Maybe because it's hard to get it to stop.  Hopefully that's it.  Hopefully I'll gradually feel better about everything.  Because there are times where it has the same kind of feeling as the rest of the world--that things are happening for a reason, that people are replying in a certain order and that's why people are not responding also and that's why certain topics are getting brought up (though I realize it's a catch-22 because I'd probably think something weird if things were random...but not as much). 

I am trying to just stop freaking out about this nonsense.  I'm posting this to have some accountability so I stop posting and deleting it because I have been.  There are too many things going on in life where I feel like it's not a coincidence but it has to be a coincidence.  Maybe like the weird experience with the train system yesterday that matched what I'd seen prior to when I landed in the ER (leading to similar sort of "this isn't how it's normally done" thoughts and "but maybe it's just a fluke then and was before and/or my memory is off"), there will be something that helps convince me that the series of events/people talking and responding/etc. are in fact random. 

Sorry, that probably doesn't make much sense.  Part of that is probably because my sleep is so off tonight.  I didn't expect that because I slept well sunday prior to work on Monday, so I thought I'd do okay prior to work tomorrow/later this morning.  Maybe it's random also. 

Will force myself to not delete. 

Honestly, I get nervous about certain sites too (not this one too much, yet, but I'm pretty new). For me it becomes this worry that someone will figure out who I am and use what I've posted against me or something like that. Despite me not really posting anything that can be used against me. Anyway. It's good that you're trying not to delete this post. I hope your paranoia eases a bit. Sometimes it helps me to take a break for a few days and then come back. That way my worrying has time to settle itself before I go back into the fray.

• Like 1

Thanks, I appreciate it.  It's hard committing to time away (though I like the idea of it in principle) because the rationale I used was that people here both understand what these symptoms are like and have ideas on handling them and that it's a round-the-world thing so that I'm hopefully not inconveniencing everyone by saying something.  I don't want to burden someone IRL (or someones) so I dump it here instead.  And most people IRL don't know about the psychosis piece and I don't want them too.  So when my brain is freaking out about crazy stuff, it's hard to talk to someone live.

That said, at some point I need some alternative coping approaches.  Maybe after some ideas on how to handle the pdoc appointment then I'll try to take a short break.  It's hard not treating it as an instantaneous fix though, as I can be struggling and then express it.  Maybe I should have expedited some stuff I got for expressive journaling.  Or maybe I should go through my drawers...I think i must have at least one for writing.

8 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  It's hard committing to time away (though I like the idea of it in principle) because the rationale I used was that people here both understand what these symptoms are like and have ideas on handling them and that it's a round-the-world thing so that I'm hopefully not inconveniencing everyone by saying something.  I don't want to burden someone IRL (or someones) so I dump it here instead.  And most people IRL don't know about the psychosis piece and I don't want them too.  So when my brain is freaking out about crazy stuff, it's hard to talk to someone live.

That said, at some point I need some alternative coping approaches.  Maybe after some ideas on how to handle the pdoc appointment then I'll try to take a short break.  It's hard not treating it as an instantaneous fix though, as I can be struggling and then express it.  Maybe I should have expedited some stuff I got for expressive journaling.  Or maybe I should go through my drawers...I think i must have at least one for writing.

Well you don't have to take time away. It was just what I do sometimes. But if this is a good coping mechanism for you, you definitely don't have to do it.

Thanks--I like the idea at least, follow through might be hard.  But I'm currently managing to not do work emails (by not having them on my phone and using willpower with our online access).  So perhaps I would have similar willpower, who knows.  I think it would be good for me.  And I guess I can always end the trial run early if needed, as PHP taught me.  

If I could give up my desire for concrete timelines (endemic to my job I think), I would do a lot better at coping with episodes.

Making doctor appointments.  Because phones.  And talking.  And people.  Augh.  And the appointments themselves!  More people!  More talking!  PUBLIC TRANSIT.

I've been catching up on these but it's difficult.

I'm starting to think that I really need to get a new music player and headphones.  Also prescription sunglasses.  Because public transit would not be the utter fucking nightmare that it currently is for me, if I could bloody well have some of my usual ways to manage sensory/social overload.

So really, I've been putting off getting prescription sunglasses, a new portable music player, and new headphones.  Because talking, people, and public transit.

I avoid washing my car because that either means talking with the attendant, or having people watch me wash my car. No thank you. I avoid buying food because that means leaving the house and people seeing me at the grocery store, yup, no thank you. I avoid going to my laser hair removal appointments because it's too much effort. The dentist. Eyelash appointments. Showering. :) you name it!

6 hours ago, elizabethisgoingcrazy said:

I avoid washing my car because that either means talking with the attendant, or having people watch me wash my car. No thank you. I avoid buying food because that means leaving the house and people seeing me at the grocery store, yup, no thank you. I avoid going to my laser hair removal appointments because it's too much effort. The dentist. Eyelash appointments. Showering. :) you name it!

Welcome to CB! 

FWIW .... Just wanted to say that they have this thing with some grocery stores where you type in a list into the compute of what you want, someone else does the shopping, then delivers it to your door.  You'd have to minimally deal with the person, and you'd get your groceries out of the way.

The volleyball league I just joined.

I suck at all sports but I love volleyball and I signed up for the "just for fun" league. But I was put on a team where the people actually care about winning and not playing for fun, and they were obviously pissed that I suck. So I stopped going. I paid $80 for it. Mad that I pissed the money away but I dont think I'll be going back.

On 9/16/2016 at 6:57 AM, melissaw72 said:

Been avoiding the vacuuming.

Me too! 

5 hours ago, maybeimaunicorn said:

The volleyball league I just joined.

I suck at all sports but I love volleyball and I signed up for the "just for fun" league. But I was put on a team where the people actually care about winning and not playing for fun, and they were obviously pissed that I suck. So I stopped going. I paid $80 for it. Mad that I pissed the money away but I dont think I'll be going back.

Me too! 

FWIW, even though it was a loss of $80, I think it is one of those things where it is better to lose the money than be in a stressful, toxic environment.

On 9/9/2016 at 6:08 PM, Mirazh said:

Buying naproxen.

If your in pain?!   I hope you get some.

On 9/9/2016 at 4:45 PM, Mirazh said:

Making doctor appointments.  Because phones.  And talking.  And people.  Augh.  And the appointments themselves!  More people!  More talking!  PUBLIC TRANSIT.

I've been catching up on these but it's difficult.

I'm starting to think that I really need to get a new music player and headphones.  Also prescription sunglasses.  Because public transit would not be the utter fucking nightmare that it currently is for me, if I could bloody well have some of my usual ways to manage sensory/social overload.

So really, I've been putting off getting prescription sunglasses, a new portable music player, and new headphones.  Because talking, people, and public transit.

Mail Order is a sanity saver and helps avoid public transit.  ?Are we allowed to use that swear word here?

Going outside.

45 minutes ago, nervousbat said:

Man, I said I would go get a haircut a week ago but I panicked because the receptionist sounded young, had a deadpan voice and said they'd get their apprentice to cut my hair.

I know apprentices need to learn, and I don't have a problem with them doing stuff to me to learn, but getting my hair cut is one thing I want done by someone who has been doing it for a few years.

• Like 1