Software Update Finished, feedback welcome Read more... ×
CrazyBoards.org

CrazyRedhead

Am I just being paranoid or does this make everyone afraid?

I heard about this on the news last night.  It is not a good thing and it is hard to believe that this is one of the major things he is doing at the beginning of his presidency ... actually as president-elect ... he's preparing to do it now ... so it can be in place for when he takes office.

Yep, after he takes office, all bets are off, IMO.

Get ready for the rollercoaster ride.....!!            

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Obama was working to REDUCE nuclear proliferation:

http://www.state.gov/t/avc/newstart/index.htm

Now Trump wants more nukes....if the U.S. expands it's arsenal, could possibly trigger another arms race with Russia......Is that what Trump wants?....Maybe.

Is that what the American people want?.....Don't think so, at least I would hope not.

The thought terrifies me.....This is one of the main reasons I didn't vote for him....There, I said it....I do not support Donald Trump and think he's a dangerous man.

More nukes = higher risk of them actually being used, IMO, especially considering the lack of control over his mouth, his tweets, and his negative emotions, that Trump has demonstrated all along.

Hate the thought of Trump having access to the nuclear codes, which he will receive on Inauguration Day...that alone has me shaking in my boots.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

6 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Hate the thought of Trump having access to the nuclear codes, which he will receive on Inauguration Day...that alone has me shaking in my boots.

You and me both.

I'll admit that he scared me enough that I didn't get to know his platform as well as I necessarily should have.  Was this honestly a part of it?  Or is this a new appearance now that he has the power to do it? (shudder)

42 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

I'll admit that he scared me enough that I didn't get to know his platform as well as I necessarily should have.  Was this honestly a part of it?  Or is this a new appearance now that he has the power to do it? (shudder)

This is a news article from this past August.....

Trump asked this question several times during a foreign policy briefing:.. "if we have them (nuclear weapons), why can't we use them?"..:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-if-nuclear-weapons-them.html

So this was part of his plan during the campaign, apparently.....

It boggles my mind that some people who knew this probably still voted for him.

We are in deep doo-doo with this guy...

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

Seeing that this was part of his campaign, maybe it was one of those things that got mixed and mingled with other stuff so others might not have picked up on it.  Does anyone feel this way?

The US is heavily in debt and Russia isn't too great off either. I don't think this will be another arms race with them especially since Trump and Putin are becoming BFFs. But I don't really understand the point in it. No one is going to use a nuclear weapon, everyone is doing cyber warfare. Developing countries are facing hundreds of attacks every week. Lithuania and Ukraine is constantly under attack from Russia. Russia successful tested a weapon that could knock out all the US satellites, they need to worry about weapons of the 21st century not these old world threats.

Edited by Southern Discomfort
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

they need to worry about weapons of the 21st century not these old world threats.

This may be true, but when has reality ever affected Trump? He lives in his own world.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Seeing that this was part of his campaign, maybe it was one of those things that got mixed and mingled with other stuff so others might not have picked up on it.  Does anyone feel this way?

I think his constant, ignorant tweets during the campaign were done, at least partially, to try and keep us distracted about what was REALLY going on behind the scenes.......And he's still doing it...

Nobody is going to be able to take Don the Con's Tweeter away, even though a lot of his staff probably wish they could.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Southern Discomfort said:

The US is heavily in debt and Russia isn't too great off either. I don't think this will be another arms race with them especially since Trump and Putin are becoming BFFs. But I don't really understand the point in it. No one is going to use a nuclear weapon, everyone is doing cyber warfare. Developing countries are facing hundreds of attacks every week. Lithuania and Ukraine is constantly under attack from Russia. Russia successful tested a weapon that could knock out all the US satellites, they need to worry about weapons of the 21st century not these old world threats.

SD, I mostly agree, but as jt07 mentioned, Donnie truly does live in his own little world....He acts impulsively, and has little control of himself....When he gets angry because he can't get his way, he throws tantrums worse than a 2 year old.

Not good traits for a President, and certainly very risky traits for someone who is going to get the U.S. nuclear codes next month.

This man is a very loose cannon.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jt07 said:

This may be true, but when has reality ever affected Trump? He lives in his own world.

I agree 100%....He cares first about himself, and maybe cares some about his family, but I think being President, to him, is just a title he can maybe make some money off of....It was on his bucket list, IMO.

I don't believe he really wants to do the work a President should be doing for the citizens of this country.....And I believe he really doesn't care about what happens to the American people when he's trying to prove a point or win an argument.......That's what scares me the most.

This is truly a very sad state of affairs which we have no control over.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

What I hope is that Trump is using a business tactic.  I don't know the technical term, but I believe he is setting the bar and showing his willingness to defend the USA without regard to idle threats, in fact, he will match blow for blow or move for move like boxing, or game of chess.  He don't want to seem like someone to punk around, but if your getting testy, well Trump will decide what a passing grade for the USA is, when we determine what the flip Putin means by advancing their nuclear  capabilities.  I believe Trump did handled it great.  If a bully says to me: "tomorrow, I bring a baseball bat," you can rest assured, I will pass through the park before the school  bell, only with a helmet, and a baseball bat, but I'm not going to tell the bully that I'm bringing a helmet and a baseball bat.  Why do that? The bully already said what he's going to do.  But yea, I may say something such as: "I'll bring my Louisville slugger."  What Putin is really saying is I would like to know if you really have a missile defense because that scares me.  OK, and I don't have a Space Shuttle Badge on my collection either, I just laminated it up for fun.

28 minutes ago, The Count said:

What I hope is that Trump is using a business tactic.  I don't know the technical term, but I believe he is setting the bar and showing his willingness to defend the USA without regard to idle threats, in fact, he will match blow for blow or move for move like boxing, or game of chess

What you're describing in your post is not really a business tactic....It's called "saber-rattling", or "sword rattling":

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/saber-rattling

Basically it's a display of military power to someone you're trying to threaten or intimidate.

Nuclear war is not like boxing or chess.....In the case of nukes, if Trump matches "blow for blow" or "move for move", it could destroy the world as we know it.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

The thing is that we have gotten along fine since 1989 or so without an arms race and have been really successful at maintaining the piece between nations with nuclear weapons. Most of all, we've been safe. We proved that we can be safe without endlessly increasing our nuclear arsenal. There is no justification for starting an arms race now. This is lunacy, and I can't believe it. Did we just snap back to the 1980s?

One thing is for sure, Trump is no diplomat and I think that is going to do real harm to the United States and our image abroad.

• Like 1

Adam Curtis is a BBC journalist who makes incredibly unique, but also incredibly bleak, documentaries that have repeated themes of power and the role computers play in our world. I would explain further but its sort of impossible to describe his films. My husband's boss told us to watch All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace. We asked him what it was about and he just told us that it's something you have to watch. Agree or disagree with Curtis, his work is a feast for the eyes and for the brain.

His most recent film is HyperNormalisation. It begins and ends with Trump, though the content is far more than that. You can find the entire documentary on youtube but I won't link it here. This is the trailer: 

Edited by saintalto
  • Like 1