Software Update Finished, feedback welcome Read more... ×
CrazyBoards.org
nestor

McCain in Surprise Vote Kills Bill to Repeal Obamacare

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/344270-mccain-votes-to-kill-gops-skinny-backup-obamacare-repeal-plan

I don't know why this isn't being talked about here more.

I was disappointed that Obamacare didn't go as far as I wanted it but it's better than anything the Republicans had planned, so I'm glad it's staying, hopefully the Democrats take back the Senate in 2018 to forever kill any more attempts to repeal it, but I'm surprised myself that it was McCain who was the one who killed the attempt to repeal it, I hated him fiercely for his role in supporting overthrowing so many governments in the Middle East, but now he's redeemed himself slightly with this vote.

Edited by nestor

Nestor, I don't know why it's not being talked about more here,  either. I just know for myself that I have had to distance myself from politics.  I hope that I can find a balance and get back into it.  I live in Europe but I am American. I have been to protests here and have made many calls to my representatives.  Then I had a relapse into depression and had to stop.  I get an average of 10 emails every day with subject headings like "It's Worse than We Thought!!! " and "This is Disastrous!!! ". I just can't take it right now. (And they all want donations). 

Like I said, I hope to find a balance and be able to be politically active without getting so overwhelmed by it all. 

Edited by amskray
Added something

6 hours ago, nestor said:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/344270-mccain-votes-to-kill-gops-skinny-backup-obamacare-repeal-plan

I'm surprised myself that it was McCain who was the one who killed the attempt to repeal it, I hated him fiercely for his role in supporting overthrowing so many governments in the Middle East, but now he's redeemed himself slightly with this vote.

I think McCain's vote was definitely a surprise for Mitch McConnell--Did you see McConnell's face after McCain cast his vote?------Priceless.!!!

You can count on me to vote DEM in 2018....I think a lot of folks are going to be doing the same, IMO.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I think McCain's vote was definitely a surprise for Mitch McConnell--Did you see McConnell's face after McCain cast his vote?------Priceless.!!!

You can count on me to vote DEM in 2018....I think a lot of folks are going to be doing the same, IMO.

I'm gonna try to find a video of it, sounds hilarious.

• Like 1

Never forget that without the longstanding  support/defectione of Collins and Mikulski (sp?), it also would have passed.

its easy to forget the two women involved when they prove themselves reliable, as opposed to the one who went against the grain

54 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Never forget that without the longstanding  support/defectione of Collins and Mikulski (sp?), it also would have passed.

its easy to forget the two women involved when they prove themselves reliable, as opposed to the one who went against the grain

I'm not forgetting them....So thankful they didn't support this piece of crap bill, either.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

@nestor  and @amskray, Here is a still picture of the moment....Tried to post a video but was unable to for some reason......

Mitch.png

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have respected McCain for a long time, despite our considerable polical differences. This makes me respect him more.

I wonder if people aren't discussing the health care bill because it hurts too much.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2017 at 8:48 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

Do you have a pic of his face?

1 hour ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Do you have a pic of his face?

I posted the pic this past Friday.....Scroll up a few posts above this one and you should see it.

17 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I posted the pic this past Friday.....Scroll up a few posts above this one and you should see it.

oh... my bad! I'll look again. I must've missed it.

haha! the turtle looks like he's going to cry

4 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

haha! the turtle looks like he's going to cry

Yes he does....LOL

• Haha 1