CrazyBoards.org
Wife

Husband take 1200 mg lithium carbonate and abilify

My husband takes 1200 mg lithium carbonate, abilify, Xanax, antidepressants, three blood pressure meds, and few others for acid reflux and he drinks alcohol. Over the counter sleep aids too. He was smoking marijuana every 2-3 hours before starting the abilify. I have filed for a divorce and he stopped smoking because I am fight for custody of my son. 

He is manic, bipolar and I think possibly schizophrenic. I have been reading the side effects of these drugs and wonder if anyone else has taken this type if cocktail and what their experience has been. 

The last time I saw him he was shaking and look “wild eyed” and was red faced (flushed). Is it likely that at the level of his meds is he walking around in a “fog” and with this regiment how long until his health is affected? He has been on blood pressure meds for 16 years, a history of 5 years on lortab, followed by a 3 year history of suboxone use and  Seroquel

he has been on Xanax for 10+ years 

alcohol addiction 20 years with varying degrees of use

what is his mental state likely to be with this many drugs?

he insists he does not have a problem 

please help me understand his mind and what is the most likely state he is in

Hello, Wife.

I’m glad you’re reaching out for help, but CrazyBoards is a first-person site. That means that if your husband wants to make an account and talk to us we can do that, but we make it a policy not to try to interpret the mentally interesting, not to speak for or about them. 

We have complied a list of resources I hope may help you:

Good luck to you and your husband. 

If you feel unsafe, please don’t ignore your intuition. Call 911 and have your husband taken to the hospital. Leave your home. Do what you need to do to protect yourself.

Gearhead (admin)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By BipolarBicyclist
      I made the prolonged mistake of not refilling my meds for about 3 weeks. Whoops! I'm on 20 mg of aripiprazole (Abilify) and 200 mg of lamotrigine (Lamictal), which I've been on for about 2 years in varying doses. So my friends finally took me to the pharmacist today to pick them up, but I want to make sure I'm safe about going back on. Should I slowly increase dosages? Or can I just start back on my normal amount ASAP? I would go to a psychiatrist to figure this out, but I there aren't any appointments for another 2 weeks.
    • By Abilifyscared
      Hello out there,
      i am so very desperate.  I was perscribed Abilify 2.5mg in July 2018.  Because I was struggling with inner restlessness and my symptoms were returning, I decided to discontinue at the beginning or December 2018 (5 weeks ago).  Since discontinuing I have experienced anxiety that is terrifying.  I have very little rest from it... terrible insomnia.  Many days I feel I can’t go on.  I returned to my doctor a week ago and she has started me on Sertraline, and has given me a few diazipam.  I was so desperate I went to the hospital yesterday and have been put under the care of the psychiatric team and have been given some sleeping tablets to help me sleep, which didn’t work very well last night.  I am scared that the withdrawals will never end. Is there anyone out there that has experienced similar? 
      Af x
    • By rebird77
      Bipolar sucks so much.
      i got a high paying job and it’s not glamorous at all. I’m a woman, and it’s traveling in construction management. I actually used to work for the same company several years ago and did very well, but I wasn’t cycling and was unmedicated with no need for medication. My how times have changed.
      im very sick now. I’ve been off work for 6 months and tried to get back to work and thought this would be a good job. I must be crazy. I can’t handle the stress at all. It’s destabilizing me rapidly. Another thing that’s a ticking time bomb that just tells me I need to quit ASAP. My psychiatrist back home. The last time I saw him was October 18th. I told him I was going to get back to work and travel and he thought it was a good idea and he assured me he could call in my scripts to any state and as long as I saw him once a year that would be fine. Well, I called about a month later to get call in scripts and he was taking time off and having another pdoc call in his scripts. Gulp. So I have been doing that since October and I think my state medical board only allows another dr to do that for two months. I have enough meds hoarded for another month and a half. I called my psychiatrist and he was supposed to be back mid December and now they are saying mid February so now I am stranded with no psychiatrist and 5 meds including geodon and klonopin I’m dependent on.
      so I’m in trouble. Plus I’ve been cycling since I started working even on meds. I’m realizing I can’t work like I used to and I just need to face reality and move in with my parents and file disability. It’s hard to face. Hard. My sister is friends with a psychiatrist and she called him last night. I have two options on the table now. 1. Quit my job at the end of the week and tell my boss the truth and deal with him being mad and just get over it and make the 12 hour drive home and check myself into the hospital and see the new psychiatrist and get my meds changed and tweaked. 2. Wait on a call from the psychiatrist to my sister tonight telling her if he has any outpatient appointments over Christmas and if he does see him then and try to get him to call in scripts across state lines and keep working anyway even though it’s breaking me down. I couldn’t change meds because I wouldn’t have any time off to do so. 
      I think I know what I have to do but I’m terrified to talk to my boss. The company is based out of my hometown and I’m not sure what to say. I was considering talking about my doctor disappearing on me and not being able to get my scripts and needing them immediately or I will have seizures. Or just outright saying I have bipolar and I can’t do this and I apologize. I can’t work anymore and this is disabling and I didn’t want to think it was. Or just say I quit and I’m leaving my computer and company phone and it’s effective immediately. Help. What do I do and say? I wish I hadn’t gotten into this mess. The problem is he will have to replace me immediately or the job will shut down. I have to look at that as not my problem. My problem is my lifelong bipolar diagnosis and the fact that I could go psychotic if I don’t get help. That’s my problem. Not this project. 
      Any helpful advice is welcomed. I wished this had gone differently but I guess bipolar just blew up my life. It’s about to ruin my finances and burden my parents to care for me until I get ssdi. Plus I own a house that my parents will have to pay for until we rent or sell it. I feel like I’m made of glass. I used to handle stress without a worry. Now it destroys my life. I feel like I’m crying inside right now.
    • By l'appel du vide
      Hello everyone, I hope everyone's December has been off to a good start. I am back, on the med merry-go-round and also sober from opiates.... Again (16 days as of now).
      So I was taking wellbutrin as an add on to my Prozac, and it really didn't help and might have made me worse, losing dramatic amounts of weight, a lot of intrusive thoughts, very depressed (though that's probably just it not doing much for it. And getting off drugs.) so I'm now on the Rexulti starter pack.
      I'm here seeking others experiences with abilify and rexulti, since they are both dopamine partial agonists and 5-ht1a partial agonists, amongst other things. I'm very nervous about taking an antipsychotic for depression, though... And just want to know of other's experiences starting these medications. How were the side effects? If you had any, did they eventually go away? Did you gain weight?
      I appreciate anyone who shares their experience. I've asked about these meds before, but I'm so nervous about it I just want reassurance. A lot is changing around me. Thank you all so much, and I hope the holidays have been treating you well.