Software Update Finished, feedback welcome Read more... ×
CrazyBoards.org

is my lifespan 74?  Assuming I don't have an accident or get some freak disease before then, am I going to live to 74 and then croak out?

Just a little thought.  It's funny how you think about these things when you get older.  The young have no clue.

I feel you, though I thought I had my midlife crisis as a teen and at 43 am getting over the surprise of still being alive...

just in time to realize I’m probably close to or over the half way point already.

”youth is wasted on the young”

now you kids turn down that noise you call music and get off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The phenomenon is described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight a person's growing age, inevitable mortality, and possibly shortcomings of accomplishments in life. This may produce feelings of depression, remorse, and anxiety, or the desire to achieve youthfulness or make drastic changes to current lifestyle."

That mostly describes me since the age of about 15 so I don't know if I'd notice if I were to have a midlife crisis. Being aware of your own mortality and wondering if you've wasted your life? I've been doing that for at least 25 years. Have you considered buying a Harley and leaving your wife to be with someone who's younger and dumber with whom you have nothing in common with but whose youthfulness helps allay fears of your own mortality? Those are the signs aren't they? I don't think having a midlife crisis marks the actual midpoint of your life. You weren't being serious about that were you? I'm about your age so if my midlife crisis started when I was 15 then I've already lived longer than I should've.

"Since it's impossible to know which period of my life is the middle, I've decided to have an ongoing crisis." -- @alexwyse on Twitter

sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

I had an "adolescent crisis" around age 18, and 2 decades later... it has still not ended!!