CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
yellowlovesgray

Quit Adderal after 5 years...shocked by how I feel...

I'd been on a high dose of Adderall for ADD and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I stopped it in December, and last week I started to feel normal. The last 3 days, I feel better than I've felt in YEARS. I also gained about 70 lbs., oddly, on Adderall and had so much stomach bloat I thought I had Cushing's -- my body turned into that shape and I got moon face..

I cannot believe, even with short med vacations, how terrible I felt. I got used to it. I had fatigue beyond fatigue, I felt drained. My muscles were constantly test. I was all kinds of more depressed, panicky, etc. espeiclaly if I didn't have it. I couldn't function without it.

I DO have ADD, and it's hard for me to find the drive to do actual work, but I feel normal again and like living and having fun. I can't believe it took close to 6 months though. So strange. Non-stim ADD meds don't really work for me, so not sure what I'll do next since I tried Ritalin too. But oh well, I'm happy to not feel like death. I literally wouldn't leave the house for a month at a time and definitely not bed more than a few times a day, everything hurt. I watched a TON of tv and Youtube because it was the most I could do most days.

Anyone else have this happen? 

• Like 1

I can't function without Adderall, just as you stated, I am afraid to stop.  However, my arthritis and muscle pain/weakness is worse than ever, so much pain, I cannot do my job anymore.  I am supposed to take two, 10mg tabs/day but often just take one, and with this I get about 4 hours of a normal feeling, somewhat less pain, where I am motivated enough to connect with people, research ideas, do household chores and smile.

It would be great to hear about your first 6 months without Adderall.  Don't know what I would do without it.

• Like 1