CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Joey77

Latuda worked well but made me so angry

I was taking latuda 80mg and it worked well with the depression and worthless feelings also got rid of the rapid mind cycling and music playing but wow did it make me angry. Is there any other option that doesn’t make you so angry for Bipolar 1 as Seroquel XR is not working well as an alternative.

17 hours ago, Joey77 said:

I was taking latuda 80mg and it worked well with the depression and worthless feelings also got rid of the rapid mind cycling and music playing but wow did it make me angry. Is there any other option that doesn’t make you so angry for Bipolar 1 as Seroquel XR is not working well as an alternative.

Well, no two people are alike, but I've finally found relief with Vraylar mixed with Topamax from a horrible mixed episode that had me a raging madwoman. 

PS, welcome to CB. 🙃

Edited by BipolarSpinster

I agree with Vraylar as an option, can help with both mania and depression although only technically approved for mania. Rexulti as well if your problems are more depression  

I'm on Latuda too. I haven't had problems with rage (well not more than usual :P), but I have really withdrawn socially and am more or less unable to feel joy except very rarely. I was talking to someone recently who is also on Latuda and also suffers from flat moods, and her pdoc told her it is probably the Latuda. I'm going away this summer so can't get off it right away for insurance reasons (travel insurance won't pay if you've made any med changes in the 6 months prior to leaving), but my doc said we can start weaning me off of it when I get back. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mikl_pls
      Latuda has gone generic, but it's not available in pharmacies yet. Does anyone have any idea when it will be available in pharmacies?
      I'm seriously considering switching to it when I see my pdoc either 2 weeks from now, or, if I can, bump up my appointment to next week, and if it will be available in pharmacies by then, I'd like to be prescribed Latuda. But if it's still brand-name only by then, I can't afford the $636 copay even with the even with the copay coupon which only covers up to only a certain amount.
    • By lisa2712
      Hello,
      For those on Latuda, do you have to take it with a meal consisting of at least 350 calories? I have been told to take Latuda 20 mg after dinner. Taking it in the AM makes me too tired. I read online that one has to have at least 350 calories in their stomach before taking Latuda, or it can cause stomach problems. I'm on a diet, and I usually take about 150-200 or so calories for my dinner. It is my lightest meal of the day. 
      Thank You for Your Advice,
      Lisa2712
    • By lisa2712
      Hi,
      I'm only on my 4th day of taking Latuda 20 mg, and I get very tired about 4 hours after taking it, then I need to sleep. It's hard to do things when I'm always exhausted. I was told by my psychiatrist to take it in the morning after breakfast, so I take it at about 9 am every morning, and by noon or 1 pm I'm exhausted for hours, then sometimes I feel better by 6 pm. I called my psychiatrist and told her about my tiredness, and I'm waiting for them to call me back. I usually avoid coffee because it hurts my stomach, but today I felt like a walking zombie, so I drank 2 cups of coffee and I got my energy back! Yay! Even if it's temporary, it feels good to feel alive again. 
      I also think Latuda increases my social anxiety, which already is very high. Like, I was looking into volunteering at a library, but since going on this medicine I don't feel comfortable being around people. And at DBT group today (it's only my 2nd time in this group), things were different, more subdued. 
      And it's weird, I went into a restaurant today before my tiredness kicked in (at 11 am), and the waitress told me to, "Calm down." I didn't realize I wasn't calm. I was nervous (I'm often nervous walking into a restaurant, especially since I've been on Latuda), but I didn't realize I wasn't acting calm. 

Thank You,
      Lisa2712
    • By lisa2712
      Hi,
      I just started taking Latuda 20 mg and when I brought the med bottle home yesterday I noticed I felt more depressed, weepy, I cried for no reason (which I never do). I felt weird and not like myself. This was before I swallowed any pill. I honestly feel like the Latuda gets in the atmosphere or the air of the house where it's being stored. I feel like it's effecting the people I live with (my parents), who I notice are more tired than usual. I don't want this medicine to effect them at all. I wish scientists would invent some kind of airtight, airproof container than would totally contain Latuda's ingredients, because I feel it gets in the air and effects others I live with, which really hurts me. Why should they have to suffer because I am trying a new medicine? 
      Anyways, is there anyone taking Latuda that has noticed this happen to them? That the people they live with are also effected by Latuda, including that they feel more tired, can't think as clearly , or are more weepy or depressed? 
    • By NerdyUnicorn
      I recently got increased on my Latuda for some mixed symptoms - I'd been on 60mg one night and 80mg the next to even out at 70mg overall and we went up to just straight 80mg, so not a large increase. I've been stable for a long time, so it's been a while since I've really had to change anything. This morning I'm noticing some cognitive symptoms, which are definitely not fun. Trouble reading and thinking, mostly. 
      I'm wondering how long it usually takes you to adjust to a new dosage in terms of side effects - if you have experience with Latuda, great, or just in general. I remember whole new meds take a month or longer but I don't really remember how long just dose increases take.