CrazyBoards.org

Britton777

Have tried EVERYTHING! Any thoughts on Thorazine or chloral hydrate? Looking for suggestions

9 hours ago, Britton777 said:

I have, but she doesn’t seem invested in helping me:(

have you ever thought about just going to the hospital, or doing a an IOP or PHP

9 hours ago, Britton777 said:

I have, but she doesn’t seem invested in helping me:(

Im sorry to hear that. Have you tried your pcp? Have you thought about possibly doing an IOP or PHP?

7 hours ago, argh said:

Curious, what is your actual dx from the pdoc, if you even have a firm dx?

trying to put things together timeline wise.

college adhd

post partum depression

Severe insomnia since the ppd? 

did you have any mood disorders prior to college ? Or was the ppd the catalyst?

looking through the thread again, I’d say why not try, if you’re gun shy about more antipsychotics or do not want to be on two at once...try asking about carbamazepine. I’ve read that it can be sedating and has powerful anti manic properties.

seems many of the anticonvulsants do, though you have already tried a few

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/epi.12478

did you ever try the loxapine that you were prescribed?

I was afraid to try AP's, mood stabilizers etc. I felt i was depressed, needed an anti-depressant. Im loosely diagnosed as MDD vs BP2. my current pdoc doesnt see BP2, but AD's alone dont work. SO the "meds" fit BP2. Either way it got to a point that I had to try anything they suggested. SHooting down med after med because i was scared of it wasnt an option. Well guess waht, ive found some relief. Be open at this point, you have nothing to lose

7 hours ago, looking for answers said:

have you ever thought about just going to the hospital, or doing a an IOP or PHP

Im sorry to hear that. Have you tried your pcp? Have you thought about possibly doing an IOP or PHP?

I was afraid to try AP's, mood stabilizers etc. I felt i was depressed, needed an anti-depressant. Im loosely diagnosed as MDD vs BP2. my current pdoc doesnt see BP2, but AD's alone dont work. SO the "meds" fit BP2. Either way it got to a point that I had to try anything they suggested. SHooting down med after med because i was scared of it wasnt an option. Well guess waht, ive found some relief. Be open at this point, you have nothing to lose

So I had another sleepless night of being up with my mind racing, panic attacks. I just can’t do it anymore. 

In December 2014, right after all “this” started, I went inpatient at out local hospital for 10 days. They took me off Ativan, we tried several things for sleep, trazadone, seroquel, different beta blockers etc. but nothing helped. 

The following April I went inpatient at a very good psych hospital in Texas. I was there for 6 weeks. We tried all kinds of meds. I was on lamictal for the full 6 weeks also trying many other medications, but nothing helped. 

Still struggling, I went to another inpatient hospital in Ohio that was supposed to be great for OCD. Instead they tagged me as a benzo addict. The pumped me full of phenobarbital and took me completely off Ativan and my other meds and put me on 500 mg seroquel. I was in a constant panic attack with zero sleep the whole time I was there. It was terrifying. Came home and my psych out me back on all my same meds. 

I am at the point where I think I need to go inpatient again, but I don’t know where to go or what they can do for me. I feel I’ve tried everything and everything makes me worse. I’m so scared looking for answers. 

Simce taking the the antibiotic in December, I have felt the same way I did at the hospital in Ohio. I’m nit sure when things will even out. I can’t sleep at all. I’m constantly in panic mode. My racing mind never stops. It’s pure torture. 

Im at my wits end. I have been reading about MAOI’s since they are the only class of medication I have not tried, but I’m not sure if the doctor will prescribe it to me or if  it will even help since everything I’ve tried has made me worse. I’m hopeless and scared. I’m afraid to go back to the local psych hospital. I don’t think I’ll get the help I need there. I don’t know where to go. 

15 hours ago, argh said:

Curious, what is your actual dx from the pdoc, if you even have a firm dx?

trying to put things together timeline wise.

college adhd

post partum depression

Severe insomnia since the ppd? 

did you have any mood disorders prior to college ? Or was the ppd the catalyst?

looking through the thread again, I’d say why not try, if you’re gun shy about more antipsychotics or do not want to be on two at once...try asking about carbamazepine. I’ve read that it can be sedating and has powerful anti manic properties.

seems many of the anticonvulsants do, though you have already tried a few

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/epi.12478

did you ever try the loxapine that you were prescribed?

Thank for for trying to work through this with me. 

I have always had ocd since I was very young. I have had trichotillomnia (hair pulling) since I was 8. 

I felt really good through high school and college, except for some depression after a breakup. I also had a hard time being away from home the first year of college. Alsways some anxiety. But I sousing day I suffered with any severe mental disorder that interfered with my life. 

The catalyst was after I gave birth to my son. That was depression and insomnia. This insomnia was treated successfully with seroquel and then trazadone (both which now have a paradoxical efffect on me) the OCD racing thoughts and severe anxiety, panic and insomnia didn’t start until end of 2009 and into 2010. 

After trying many medications, this was all put to rest after finally finding remeron which got me sleeping after 6 months of no sleep. September 2010-October 2014 for pretty good years. I struggled, but life was manageable, until remeron stopped working for sleep and the symptoms of OCD and panic/anxiety/derealization came back.i have been this way ever since. 

My diagnosis is not firm. Some say I’m on the bipolar spectrum. But the hospital I was at for 6 weeks in 2015 did extensive testing and their diagnosis was GAD/panic/MDD/insomnia. It seems to me that what may look like bipolar is actually OCD and anxiety. But I have no idea anymore. 

iceberg read my mind. From what you've listed, it seems that ocd and accompanying anxiety are the core issue/root cause.

Beyond meds, what sort of therapy have you tried, if any that focuses on OCD?

Really weird suggestion, and I believe it may have been mentioned already, but if calming medications don't calm you down, then is it possible that stimulating medications may sedate you? My thinking is that maybe if you are appropriately stimulated during the day that it may promote more normal sleep at night. I've heard plenty of people say they sleep better on the days when they take their Adderall and if they don't take it they aren't stimulated enough during the day and then don't get tired enough to sleep at night. Since Remeron worked for you. I wonder if a combo of mixed amphetamine salts in the morning with Remeron at night might work for you. Even though Remeron is sedating, its adrenergic antagonism combined with amphetamine should have a net enhancing activity on adrenaline neurotransmission during the day.

I also wonder if you're a candidate for MDMA-assisted therapy in a controlled setting. MAOIs may be a good option too but they could be stimulating. Although if my above hypothesis is correct, maybe that's what you need. I just don't think they'll give you an MAOI if you have GAD and panic disorder.