CrazyBoards.org

Britton777

Have tried EVERYTHING! Any thoughts on Thorazine or chloral hydrate? Looking for suggestions

1 hour ago, argh said:

It's a typical anti-psychotic.

The drug it's most similar to is amoxapine (ascendin) which i don't think you've taken.

loxapine is structurally very similar to clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine, but its pharmacology is still very unique. It's classically called a typical but at low doses it behaves more like an atypical. What dose did they fill for you?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, browri said:

loxapine is structurally very similar to clozapine, olanzapine, and quetiapine, but its pharmacology is still very unique. It's classically called a typical but at low doses it behaves more like an atypical. What dose did they fill for you?

I think 10. Would that make sense? I’ll have to wait to see for sure. Other option is to give Thorazine another go, or hold out for Nardil if doc is still willing to prescribe. 

Are any of the meds you mentioned like seroquel? 

I’m definitely having some withdrawals from Zoloft/remeron. Hoping that will get better soon. 

Really want to find something to calm my mind from looping and racing, but also to calm my body physically. 

Edited by Britton777

2 hours ago, Britton777 said:

I dropped my prescription off at Walmart and they didn’t have it in stock and said they had never heard of it but that they would try and order it. I never heard back from them. Went by the wayside. 

I just called Walmart and they drink have my prescription and have the medication in stock, so they’re filling it now and will be ready today. 

I’m interested in either trying this or trying Thorazine again. 

I did have a bad experience when I took haldol in the Fall. I would never take that again, but Thorazine was one of a mixed bag. 

Can you tell me what loxapine is similar to? 

I’ve never taken it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Britton777 said:

I think 10. Would that make sense? I’ll have to wait to see for sure. Other option is to give Thorazine another go, or hold out for Nardil if doc is still willing to prescribe. 

Are any of the meds you mentioned like seroquel? 

I’m definitely having some withdrawals from Zoloft/remeron. Hoping that will get better soon. 

Really want to find something to calm my mind from looping and racing, but also to calm my body physically. 

quetiapine is seroquel

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, argh said:

quetiapine is seroquel

Thank you. ’ll probably want to avoid loxapine then. 

Just curious, what is Thorazine similar to if anything? 

3 minutes ago, Britton777 said:

It's a phenothiazine...related to some of the typical antipsychotics like trilafon, stelazine and mellaril but I don't think it has a super close relationship with any specific newer (atypical) meds 

On 1/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, Britton777 said:

Again, don't avoid something just because there are structural similarities between the two. Loxapine is actually very calming and it could potentially be what you're looking for. 10mg is a low dose. You may want to reserve that for bedtime because of how sedating it can be.

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 8:18 PM, argh said:

Is tms an option?

I did TMS in 2016 but didn’t get any relief from it. I also did 4 ketamine treatments this time last year, but didn’t help. On my last treatment it put me into a panic attack that lasted 2 days. The trippy feeling was too much for me.