CrazyBoards.org
looking for answers

Lets talk about Vyvanse

There is a 30mg tablet, it is just branded medication (Zenzedi is dextroamphetamine sulfate) is you will likely need to complete a prior authorization (make sure your psychiatrist is on board and remind them about the prior authorization). 

I actually completed my own prior authorization last week for Edluar, sublingual Ambien, and it was approved literally in like 6 hours or less. I just went to covermymeds, made an account, and filled out a PA for the medication, had to enter the prescribers information like NPI number but once I completed it I clicked send to my health plan, where it was approved based on the PA I completed myself. Idk if you’re supposed to or allowed to do PA for yourself, but in my situation it worked out positively. 

I just got Dexedrine SR in the mail, brand name by amedra pharmaceuticals, and I’m prescribed the 15mg capsules, two capsules twice a day. I also picked up my Zenzedi the other day and I’m prescribed 30mg tablets of those three times a day.

My parents are on me about reducing my dosage so recently I have been experimenting with lower dosages. Taking just one 15mg capsule, to me, doesn’t even do anything for me. It barely brings me to baseline and for sure could tell a difference in effects. Taking 1 Zenzedi 30mg is much more noticeable and lifts me up more than taking even 2 capsules (30 Dexedrine Spansules). That’s why I like taking both, like today I took 2 Dexedrine SR capsules along with 30mg Zenzedi and I feel nice and focused, not too speedy or high, but feeling just right and having my Adhd symptoms controlled, and especially helping my mood as well as energy level. Without any of Dexedrine or Zenzedi I am extremely groggy, tired, and feels like amphetamine withdrawal (probably because that’s exactly what it isn’t)

I am aware there is a Zenzedi pill for 30 mg.

Edited by notloki

13 hours ago, looking for answers said:

so vyvanse is actually stronger than dexadrine? what is the rest of 65% i clicked on the site u referenced very quickly but had to run to wokr

so mikl and notloki

how much of a difference did you guys notice when say dropping down one incremental dose, or up one dose?

like i said i wanna try the vyvanse again at maybe 40 and see if the raynauds is better but dont want to lose the mood, alterness effects

Oh no Vyvanse is weaker than Dexedrine (at least for me...). Vyvanse 70 mg = about Dexedrine 20-30 mg for me. I'm on Dexedrine 60 mg right now, and to get the same effects, I'd have to go way above the max dose of Vyvanse.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, notloki said:

Package NDC 0406-8962-01

Product NDC 0406-8962

This is an extended release capsule.

2124122632_Screenshot2019-01-15at7_13_44PM.thumb.png.eeca83cb7d2b344578d3f62c5d0020a4.png

I seem to remember seeing in the NDC directory generic products the same strengths that Zenzedi offers, but I can't find it anymore... All I can find are 5 mg and 10 mg tablets... :(

But yes, Zenzedi makes 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 mg tablets. Interesting that they make a 2.5 mg as Adderall doesn't make that strength. I wish my insurance covered it...

12 minutes ago, mikl_pls said:

This is an extended release capsule.

2124122632_Screenshot2019-01-15at7_13_44PM.thumb.png.eeca83cb7d2b344578d3f62c5d0020a4.png

I seem to remember seeing in the NDC directory generic products the same strengths that Zenzedi offers, but I can't find it anymore... All I can find are 5 mg and 10 mg tablets... :(

But yes, Zenzedi makes 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 mg tablets. Interesting that they make a 2.5 mg as Adderall doesn't make that strength. I wish my insurance covered it...

Well, for what it was worth I took 15 mg dextroamphetamine tabs in the late 90's. For a while in the 90's there was a 60 mg IR tab available. Then I went off amphetamine. I have not seen it again. Present pdoc remembers it. I wish we had a full complement of tabs in many generic strengths. My pdoc said Zenzedi came about partly because there was no 30 mg dextroamphetamine IR on the market. Now as there is a branded amphetamine with a 30 mg tab hopefuly a generic maker will pick up a 30 mg tab. 

ADZENYS XR-ODT seems to be coming or on market now, looks like it is for kids.

Edited by notloki

30 minutes ago, mikl_pls said:

Oh no Vyvanse is weaker than Dexedrine (at least for me...). Vyvanse 70 mg = about Dexedrine 20-30 mg for me. I'm on Dexedrine 60 mg right now, and to get the same effects, I'd have to go way above the max dose of Vyvanse.

I see thank you!

1 hour ago, notloki said:

Well, for what it was worth I took 15 mg dextroamphetamine tabs in the late 90's.

Ok well I don't doubt you I just was trying to find it in the NDC.

For a while in the 90's there was a 60 mg IR tab available. Then I went off amphetamine. I have not seen it again. Present pdoc remembers it.

WOW. 😮

I wish we had a full complement of tabs in many generic strengths.

I do too... But there's such a shortage of stimulants as it is... I was at the pharmacy just today and this lady was having such a hard time getting her 20 mg Adderall filled... Literally NO manufacturer that my pharmacy could order from had any in stock--they were all back ordered. So ridiculous!

ADZENYS XR-ODT seems to be coming or on market now, looks like it is for kids.

Oh Adzenys XR-ODT has been out for a while. I took it I think a year or two ago, 12.5 mg which corresponds to I think 20 mg Adderall XR. It has both pediatric and adult indications. For some reason, the adult indication is just 12.5 mg with no indication to taper up or down, but for pediatric patients it says 6-12 yo the dose is 6.3-18.8 mg while 13-17 yo the dose is 6.3-12.5 mg... Doesn't make sense...

Dyanavel XR, the extended release amphetamine solution, has pediatric only indications.

Adzenys ER is another amphetamine extended release solution with adult indications but the dosing indications are exactly just like Adzenys XR-ODT...

Then they have Mydayis, which is like Adderall XR + Adderall IR taken 12 hours later to make a duration of 16 hours.

Of course, my insurance doesn't pay for any of these, or the Adzenys XR-ODT anymore... ( -.-)

What's up with the shortage? 

I just picked up my dexedrine today.  I'm supposed to get 10mg tablets since my insurance cut out extended release stims.  The pharmacy gave me 10mg spansules instead and insurance covered it.  They said they won't get tablets for the foreseeable future. 

Not complaining, I prefer spansules after a couple months on tablets... 

Just curious... 

You can only reformulate dextroamphetamine so many times, besides I have never met a extended release formulation that works or is better than just taking IR pills when you need it.