echolocation

cartoon - things you can take your meds with

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o2_500.jpg

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o4_500.jpg

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o7_500.jpg

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o5_500.jpg

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o6_500.jpg

tumblr_oxb52qdGlo1qglhc3o1_500.jpg

this comic bounces around my head often when i take my meds. i think i'm mostly cold coffee dregs. :) 

rubyetc is a cartoonist/illustrator/author out of the uk whose work i love very much. she has bipolar and does great cartoons about mental health. i also love her illustrated book very very much. she's active on instagram and less so tumblr under the same name if you happen to use either.  

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to find more cartoon type illustrators that do work like this.

• Like 1

@CrazyRedhead I love that one!  My dog is on Xanax (previously Trazodone), and trying to give her a pill is near impossible.  No matter what I hide it in (cheese, hot dogs), she manages to nibble around it and spit the pill out.  Peanut butter worked for a short time because the pill stuck to it, but she quickly figured out that peanut butter=pill and refused to take it anymore.  So it's not just us humans that get tired of taking pills.  I also think it's ironic that I have the kind of household where even the dog is on psych meds.  But it's all good, we help each other get through it all :) 

• Like 1

@quietly bonkers not that you should do this, but you reminded me of how my dad gave my dog pills. he used to make a batch of waffles on the weekends, and rip up the leftovers through the week to stuff the pills in. he'd put butter and syrup on them and everything. :D