CrazyBoards.org

dancesintherain

If holidays are hard or suck

I figured I’d make a dumping ground for holiday related stress/anxiety/depression/etc.  this is based in part on today being Thanksgiving in the US, so apologies if I’ve missed any already.

Feel free to reply with anything related 

im currently in the guest room at my parents house hibernating because we had nine people at dinner and it started at 1pm and still wasn’t done when I went to my room at 7.  That’s just too much socializing for me, particularly when there are hard aspects about life (unemployment) and things that I can’t talk about (mental health problems).  

My parents drank so so so much alcohol.  They’re probably alcoholics.  It’s concerning and scary.

Edited by dancesintherain

Everyone here is drinking as well and very loud.  I don't like all the social stuff as well.  It makes my anxiety go through the roof.  I can't leave because I have to give someone a ride home.  I hate the holidays.  Thankfully most of my family will be going on a cruise for Christmas, so I can spend it in peace and quiet. 

I like the idea of a holiday dump thread. Holidays can be very difficult for someone. Though, I hope everyone gets through it ok!

For me, this will be my first Christmas with my son alone after a break up. Christmas morning will be difficult for both of us I believe and I know it will be challenging for me to be strong for him, but I think I can do this. I've been working on bettering myself and being stronger than I feel. And this won't be hard because I miss my ex, but because I want someone, a partner to share the holiday with. I think I shouldn't struggle so much because I do have a new boyfriend, but we are having issues and I feel unloved. So I will probably have to cut ties if something does not change before the holidays. 

Cut ties. I like that. 

I've cut ties with most of my adopted and birth family. 

I do holidays as I like with my kids. No impressing anyone. The thing is, my ex #1 is back in town and has been very needy of my boys attention. They feel as though they have to placate him to get him to stop annoying them.

So...that may be an issue come Christmas.