CrazyBoards.org

Ok. So my job in the beginning of November switched gears overnight on me and sent me to work for a new program in a different city. Today was our last day of our training that we were in for 4 weeks. I get along with everyone at work, we have had a lot of fun, and things there are going well. Today I just got word that me and my girlfriend were approved on a rental house that we applied for and go to meet the landlord tomorrow to sign the lease. 

I've been what I consider to be hypo manic for about a month now, as well. I'm bipolar 1 so usually my moods are a lot more elevated than this, but it has been pleasant. No racing thoughts (crazy weird thoughts? yes, racing, no.), no pressured speech, hardly any irritability, sleep has been fantastic. A little impulsive, and I've been really talkative too. But that was until 2 nights ago. I didn't sleep much at all, granted I was sick with a sore throat. I noticed I am more quiet now (someone at work even said I was quiet), and I just heard a track on the streaming radio that made me think of the old days. Nostalgia. And it made me feel like crying, a bit. A little sad now.

So I am wondering if you guys think I might be starting to come down from my hypo mania? I usually know what to expect when I come off of a real full blown manic episode (I am lucky it usually just slowly melts into "normal" rather than depression) but I don't want to be depressed. I really don't. I might need to decrease my Abilify if I keep having sad thoughts and stuff, I can't get depressed, not now, no no no!

Hey wanted to reply as you've been 9n my thread recently. Are you in contact with your docs?? Maybe they can help to ensure a soft landing. That's what I'm going for!!!!

@Alien Navel Cord You mention you've been Hypo for over a month. How do you differentiate hypomania from just a normal, good, positive, productive mood? Sounds like at moment, you are not OVERLY energetic, positive, irritable, or lacking full night's sleep?

We aren't robots - nobody has a 100% even, unemotional, non-variable mood every month. I have chronic depression & recurrent MDD, but about once (every 3 years) I hit a "good" spell (period of 3- 6 mos or more) where I am productive, content, happy, positive, and my sleep, appetite, daily routines stable and unchanged. The only "abnormal" behavior could be talking too much..and a touch of increased irritability (but we are human, these are not necessarily abnormal behaviors right?) Especially if they are not causing issue/harm for yourself or others.

Edited by Blahblah

I had a similar wondering to @Blahblah.  What makes you think it was hypomania?  I'm not saying that it wasn't...you know your brain/body better than I do.  Did it really feel off? 

I'm wondering to what degree it's a more typical fluctuation, rather than an actual mood state change. 

I think I say hypo because my normal mood is different. I am now not as talkative, not as animated, the ideas I have are no longer bizarre, I am not food-impulsive anymore - I can actually control my eating. I think my overall outlook was really great too and now it is so/so kind of boring. I never once got irritable either! I miss it really. It took forever to come down though. I was on 15mg of Abilify. Now I am taking 12.5 so I don't get too tired. Sleep though, ws not really an issue in this hypo phase. I mean I did have one night where I did not sleep at all, and several others where I had a hard time falling asleep, but for the most part I got great sleep which is also unusual for me, even when "normal".