CrazyBoards.org

So I had to meet with someone at unemployment. One thing she noted was that I have had many many part-time jobs over the years. I haven't been able to keep a job for longer than a year and a half. I'm 50 years old been in the hospital 3 times just got out of PHP and am unemployed. Not to mention not only am I a job Hopper but my car just broke down. There are only two buses Monday through Friday at where I live this drastically limits my opportunities.

Any advice? 

Are you able to qualify for any re-employment services that would be more supportive than general unemployment?

I'm not sure what's available in your area.

• Like 1

Some states have branches of employment/unemployment that are more specialized for people with disabilities even though they are not receiving disability payments.

for people who are receiving disability benefits, vocational rehabilitation or other employment services for people trying to get off disability may exist

• Like 1

Oh I see. I'm in NY. We do have vocational rehabilitation services, but they only help with resume writing and job search. I can do that on my own.

I struggle with keeping a job which I suppose is one reason I'm in counseling.

Thank you though😊