CrazyBoards.org

I tend to go with whatever pharmacy is able to order and get my medication(s) in stock to fill them. For example, my basic prescriptions like paroxetine, quetiapine, Vraylar, Doral, and l-methylfolate are available at my CVS pharmacy and I enjoy going to the pharmacy and speaking with the Pharmacist about potential interactions and the pharmacology of my medications (they always seem taken aback when I ask complex pharmacological questions, probably because the "average" patient isn't staying on top of these kinds of things.

Now it has been going on 4 weeks now from the date my original prescription for Zenzedi 30mg tablets #90 and Dexedrine Spansules #120 was written, and I just was able to pick up the Zenzedi yesterday due to difficulty finding a pharmacy that could even ORDER it, all pharmacies in my area were telling me "not available from wholesaler" So after going to 2 rite-aids, s wal-greens, 2 CVS, the medicine shoppe, kaiser pharmacy, Walmart, contacting OptumRx mail order and 2 Costco pharmacies, I still couldn't find any that could order Zenzedi and have it actually come in when the Pharmacy got their order. I finally landed at a 2nd Giant pharmacy, after trying a previous giant who couldn't order them. Well I was in luck because this Giant said it was available for order and it came in the next day. The Dexedrine Spansules 15mg were literally available nowhere except OptumRx, and even they told me they were low on supply. That being said, the mail order Pharmacist finally verified this script with my Psychiatrist and was able to overnight ship it due to how long I had been without ADHD medication, so I'm waiting to receive my Dexedrine Spansules by tomorrow or Monday. ADHD meds can sometimes be hard to find, and when they are, you will think you're stimulant medication is the finest luxury on this earth. 

I also used Quality Speciality Pharmacy mail order to receive my Zolpimist. Turns out the taste is terrible terrible terrible. I just got a P.A. approved today for Edluar and requested a script to be called into CVS (where I already confirmed they were able to place an order for the Edluar). Usually I would never use mail order pharmacy, but the increasing difficulty finding a local Pharmacy to fill some my most important and effective medication is becoming exhausting and definitely not a task for us with pretty darn bad ADHD to take up alone.

I usually do my acne creams and gels mail order, however, because they will send legit 4 pumps of retin-a micro at a time.

The advantage of using a large mail order pharmacy like Express Scripts, the largest in the country, is that they have huge inventories and deal with multiple wholesalers. When there was a bupropion shortage and all the local pharmacies in a large city were out Express Scripts still had it in stock. Local pharmacies tend to deal with one or two wholesalers and it varies on what NDC's a wholesaler can get.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, notloki said:

Hmmm, when I had Express Scripts mail order if this happened I would call Express Scripts and they would authorize 10 days supply on my Express Scripts card at my local pharmacy. Local drug stores will often give you a few days of a maintenance med(s) if you regularly fill it with them.

Thank you. I did not know this is possible.  If it ever happens again, i will see if i can do that.

FWIW i cant find the site taht was a non--profit rating all the mail order pharmacies. Most big names had horrid scores except i think sams club and target. Otherwise u want to stick ton local pharmacies that offer mail order. Express scripts was rated awful