CrazyBoards.org

OK, I think I am done updating to the new version of the board software and configuring it the wIay I want.  Next I will be working on performance and getting some kind of webchat going again.  

If anyone has any big reports or feedback, please post them here.

• Thanks 1

I find that some of the ads are showing up in the wrong places:

Sample 1:
ojl2c0.png

Sample2:
30kr4au.png

Edited by netsavy006
add stuff
  • Like 1

What browser?

I started using google autoads which are known for doing a little bit of that.  Let me know if it's more.  What % of pages would you  say this is hitting?

ETA (12/14/18) 7:25p.m. -  It just happened on this page at the time I'm writing this.

It seems to be happening about 1/2 the time.

25 minutes ago, Hume's doona said:

the load more button on activity feed hangs for me

google chome, ubuntu LTS

Screenshot_2018-12-15_14-52-35.png

Some  MySQL tweaking definitely remains to be done but I have to let it run for a few days to have enough info to know what direction to go with it.  None of the search stuff is going to work as well as it should until I get the server OS updated.  That's going to be a PITA because my current PNurse will only rx 40 mgs of Adderall a day.  I may just migrate to a fresh server but that would mean up to 24 hours downtime for some people while the DNS changes propagate.  

• Thanks 1

I'm still having the ad error from yesterday.  Both pictures below are from the same thread I was reading:

28cj7dy.png

30c1t6v.png

Ugh.

I'll keep working on it.

Google has made it abundantly clear that they want people using these ads and not the old ones.  They work much better than the old ones on mobile, and the majority of web is on mobile now, but screwing up pages like this is not OK.

No longer able to post links.  I always get an error message when I click on the link button next to the smiley face. 

Screenshot_2018-12-16-02-33-10.png

I see what you mean.

5 hours ago, gb84 said:

No longer able to post links.  I always get an error message when I click on the link button next to the smiley face. 

Screenshot_2018-12-16-02-33-10.png

Dang.

I'll check that once I get some coffee in  me.

The @ no longer works for me. It just spins and spins.

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with Chrome.

• Like 1

Also, I used to be able to hover over a member's icon to bring up information, but now I get "there was a problem ..." and nothing.

2 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Also, I used to be able to hover over a member's icon to bring up information, but now I get "there was a problem ..." and nothing.

I'm getting the same issue (I use Google Chrome)

5 minutes ago, jt07 said:

I filed a support request.  I suspect that is related to some of the other database optimization issues but I will ask about it.

My load more activity option at the bottom of the loaded posts won't load anything.  I let it go for a bit thinking it might have been my computer, but it seems like it might be a bigger issue.  Not a huge problem since I refresh every hour or two (only slightly kidding), but I'm going to miss some things tonight.

I'm using Firefox on a Windows laptop.

edited to add - just tried in explorer (which I otherwise never use) and it had the same problem there

Edited by dancesintherain