CrazyBoards.org

Just now, DammitJanet said:

Ok. So the ads dropping down from the top is happening only on my chrome browser on notepad and it is only happening on this site?

I've got something similar on my phone (iPhone).  If yours is the same as mine, they'll go away if you push the arrow that's in the middle of the ad.  It's annoying, but fixable.  maybe yours is the same?

3 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

I’m using chrome on my iPad and they’ve  changed some things but omg the worst thing is nonstop drop down ads from the top of the screen that I cannot get rid of! Takes up a good inch on top and it’s all ads for mattresses since I’ve been shopping for one! Grrrr

Can you send me a screenshot of one of the worst ones?  I disabled the full screen phone ads because I'm not an asshole. 

Just now, DammitJanet said:

Ok. So the ads dropping down from the top is happening only on my chrome browser on notepad and it is only happening on this site?

Not sure what's going on with that problem.......

Just now, dancesintherain said:

I've got something similar on my phone (iPhone).  If yours is the same as mine, they'll go away if you push the arrow that's in the middle of the ad.  It's annoying, but fixable.  maybe yours is the same?

Yep. It’ll go away temporarily, but comes right back down after no longer than a minute later, often faster. 

2 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Can you send me a screenshot of one of the worst ones?  I disabled the full screen phone ads because I'm not an asshole. 

5776C809-26B0-4911-AACC-20E8F73767D8.png

I can hit that arrow to make it temporarily go away, but it comes right back very quickly. A minute or less. 

The ads are paying almost nothing now.  I might as well try turning some more off if you can help me figure out which ones.  The problem is that Google wants everyone using their new universal ad system now which basically sticks ads wherever they feel like it.  Google must be feeling a lot of pain from the adpocolypse too.

1 minute ago, Velvet Elvis said:

The ads are paying almost nothing now.  I might as well try turning some more off if you can help me figure out which ones.  The problem is that Google wants everyone using their new universal ad system now which basically sticks ads wherever they feel like it.  Google must be feeling a lot of pain from the adpocolypse too.

I don’t know what which ones mean? It just continuously comes down at the top of the screen. 

Oh, yeah.  That's not nearly as bad as most of the ones I disabled.   I think we might be stuck with it unless I disable all ads on mobile.  They really want me using the ones that cover the whole screen that you have to view before you can see any of the content.  As I said, I'm not going to do that because I'm not an asshole.  

They style you are seeing there is common on  a lot of blog and smaller news sites.  

4 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

I did attach a pic of it above. Also, when I hit recent activity, it’s missing a lot for me. If I go to all activity it’ll show all the stuff I’m missing, but if I do the unread button it’s only showing me a fraction of what there is. Not sure if it’s just me or not haven’t read this entire thread. Guess I will now. 

1 minute ago, DammitJanet said:

I did attach a pic of it above. Also, when I hit recent activity, it’s missing a lot for me. If I go to all activity it’ll show all the stuff I’m missing, but if I do the unread button it’s only showing me a fraction of what there is. Not sure if it’s just me or not haven’t read this entire thread. Guess I will now. 

You mean from the front page?

There's stuff I need to do that will fix a ton of search related problems but I haven't been able to because I've been having a bad RSI flareup in my wrists and I can't taken anything for it because of interactions with other meds and health problems.  I'm stuck in wrist braces and using a combination of four finger typing and voice recognition.  Oral  steroids are doing nothing.  I am meeting with a neuro to see about steroid injections on Thurs.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Elvis said:

You mean from the front page?

There's stuff I need to do that will fix a ton of search related problems but I haven't been able to because I've been having a bad RSI flareup in my wrists and I can't taken anything for it because of interactions with other meds and health problems.  I'm stuck in wrist braces and using a combination of four finger typing and voice recognition.  Oral  steroids are doing nothing.  I am meeting with a neuro to see about steroid injections on Thurs.

No need to explain...I’m sorry you’re in such pain. 😐 I hope you get in with your neurologist soon. The ads happen no matter where on the site not sure if that’s what you meant. As far as checking the unread topics, yeah...the button from the front page will just bring up very few posts like in the last hour right now it’ll only show me two posts. Ha. But when I go through the menu and choose all activity it’ll show me everything. 

Yeah I’m also experiencing the issue with activity not loading when hitting load more. But that’s been mentioned. Just thought I’d let you know it’s still happening. Hope you get some relief soon. 

Ugh. I’ve tried to reply to someone three times now, and it doesn’t save. It just hannnngggs and I’ve got to rewrite it over and over. Just an FYI. 

Search isn't functioning right.  I can't do searches. (I press enter or the search box, nothing)

Also,  I can't find where you can do more advanced searches.

I'm in Chrome.

• Like 1

I can’t change my Read Status to “Everything.”

Minor, but I can’t change the unread content to condensed, it stays in the expanded mode. 

ugh.  ok.  Both my wrists are in braces but I see what I can figure out.  I see an otrtho on tues.  Hopefully I can get steroid injections to tide me over we can find permanent solution (probably surgery).  

After more than an hour or so using a keyboard I can barely hold a pen or turn  a doorknob so I'm having to work in very small incriminates.  The voice recognition that comes with Win10 is good for opening and closing windows and simple dictation and that's about it. 

• Sad 1

Is it major carpal tunnel, VE? That sounds horrendous. Good luck at the appt. 

VE, I had carpal tunnel that bad. Surgery (both hands at the same time) changed my life. If you have any ability to get it done, don’t walk, run to the surgeon. 

Seriously, I had surgery in 2012 and haven’t had any pain since. Prior to that I was using modified computer setups and constantly downing painkillers. I was nervous to do both hands at once, but my dr was right - even in the bandages right after the procedure I had more mobility than before the surgery! Now you can hardly see the scars, they’re hidden in the creases in my palms.

I went to report a comment on a blog. It asked why I wanted to report the comment but the only option was “This comment is okay, but I want to tell a moderator about it” (with a text box to add notes). Dunno if it’s intentional or not but generally I don’t report comments that I think are okay... I just fear it’s some kind of prioritizing mechanism and is broken.

19 hours ago, Geek said:

I went to report a comment on a blog. It asked why I wanted to report the comment but the only option was “This comment is okay, but I want to tell a moderator about it” (with a text box to add notes). Dunno if it’s intentional or not but generally I don’t report comments that I think are okay... I just fear it’s some kind of prioritizing mechanism and is broken.

I took a look at this...Did you also get the box that allowed you to write a comment? If you need to report something, you should fill in the comment section, however briefly, and send it.