CrazyBoards.org

deeschmee

Total Body Pain

So I do have an artificial disc L5S1. I've fallen down stairs way too many times in my life. I still have multiple herniated discs as well.

Lately my whole body hurts. I work long shifts on my feet ( 7 hours) and also sleep on the couch ( it's new).

My feet, hips, elbows and neck are so painful at the end of the day and early morning. I can't take Motrin, upsets my stomach and refuse a steroid. 

Any other suggestions?

50 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

So I do have an artificial disc L5S1. I've fallen down stairs way too many times in my life. I still have multiple herniated discs as well.

Lately my whole body hurts. I work long shifts on my feet ( 7 hours) and also sleep on the couch ( it's new).

My feet, hips, elbows and neck are so painful at the end of the day and early morning. I can't take Motrin, upsets my stomach and refuse a steroid. 

Any other suggestions?

Pennsaid (sp) topical helps me with arthritic pain. Worth a shot.  I believe it has an NSAID in it but it won’t pass your stomach. 

Edited by DammitJanet
  • Like 1

Pennsaid is diclofenac sodium (Voltaren) in a 2 % gel and Voltaren makes a 1 % gel. They are COX inhibitors so they do affect your GI. Still it is a good way to use an NSAID. I found the gels work better after a hot shower, they are absorbed better. Just don't exceed the directions, it is just like taking a NSAID with all the attendant side effects.

I use Voltaren, and it helps a lot. My rheumatologist prescribes it.