Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

lunussports

Tattoos - my therapists hate them.

Recommended Posts

my therapists in my NHS unit are all a bunch of conservative fuddy-duddies who don't get modern society. 

They all take their time to tell me that tattoos are wrong. and it's wrong to drink. so what? millions do it, they don't fuck with them do they? but then they just take their time to bully ME since they reckon I'm easy and don't fight back.

Well I DID fight back. when they told me this, they told me that I was wrong. why? because i got angry and left. 

and they told me that their mental health guidelines, don't apply. OK, so I'm a guinea pig then? and not a human? why am I any less a person than them, or anybody else? It's all bullying. they should man up and accept society as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Like I said in a previous post, I think you need to find a new therapist.......A professional therapist is certainly not going to judge you because you have tattoos.

Do you have a psychiatrist?.......If you have any diagnosis, would you mind sharing that/those?...........Also, if you don't mind sharing, are you on any psychiatric medications?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like she is under the NHS. Mental health treatment is not so good in the UK. Private psychiatrists are very very expensive in England.I doubt she can simply get another doc as from what I hear the NHS is very tight assed with them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, notloki said:

Seems like she is under the NHS. Mental health treatment is not so good in the UK. Private psychiatrists are very very expensive in England.I doubt she can simply get another doc as from what I hear the NHS is very tight assed with them.

Ah, okay....Understand better now.....Too bad that options are so limited for this person.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Like I said in a previous post, I think you need to find a new therapist.......A professional therapist is certainly not going to judge you because you have tattoos.

Do you have a psychiatrist?.......If you have any diagnosis, would you mind sharing that/those?...........Also, if you don't mind sharing, are you on any psychiatric medications?

Unfortunately in the UK the mental health services via the NHS are pretty poor in a lot of areas. You can't choose who you see. Seeing a psychiatrist or a psychologist one on one for any period of time is actually kind of rare unless you are sectioned, even people that have attempted suicide are discharged in under a week often leaving a regular hospital and never entering a mental health facility. A few home visits from the community mental health team then you are on your own. 

Going privately to see a psychologist in a hospital is about £140 an hour last time I checked. Its why so many of us end up seeing random people who are trained 'therapists' rather than people who work for the mental health service.  Doing this means half the time you're at risk of getting someone who took a CBT course they found on groupon but sometimes you get so desperate you don't care anymore.

As for being judged for having tattoos, I was once judged for being to clean. Like I was actually told because I made it to an appointment washed and dressed I can't be that depressed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow. That tattoo thing is a breach of professional ethics in my opinion. Making pronouncements of harmless life choices that make people happier. Unless you mean eye tattoos, that hasn't been around long and yet some people have been blinded so I can imagine anyone in the medical profession would be concerned for your safety when it came to eye tattoos.
I'd like to know what training these therapists have undergone because day one of every single course is "non-judgment" and courses work on helping people to be less judgmental, that's one of the main things in a lot of courses.

Marsha Linehan makes her therapists sign a thing in agreement that "most therapists are jerks" before they start DBT training with her, because she found that patients would be telling therapists in DBT about terrible mistreatment from previous therapists and the DBT therapists were shocked and unsure whether to believe it, but if you've signed a piece of paper reminding you that "most therapists are jerks" that helps.

Edited by Antecedent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, Raspberry said:

As for being judged for having tattoos, I was once judged for being to clean. Like I was actually told because I made it to an appointment washed and dressed I can't be that depressed. 

Lol. Yeah a shower and clean clothes and the constant feeling of dread and misery washes away down the plug hole and you're cured. But it's, erm well, depressing that they would think that you have to be smelly and dirty in order to be depressed. Nice!

lunussports are you sure that's the NHS or have you accidentally joined Scientology? 🧐 You're desecrating your body with Satan's ink! That is some bullshit. Not a facial tattoo is it? Nothing quite says "I have severe mental problems and might stab you in your sleep" like a facial tattoo. Tats are great and I'm going to get one soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Lol. Yeah a shower and clean clothes and the constant feeling of dread and misery washes away down the plug hole and you're cured. But it's, erm well, depressing that they would think that you have to be smelly and dirty in order to be depressed. Nice!

lunussports are you sure that's the NHS or have you accidentally joined Scientology? 🧐 You're desecrating your body with Satan's ink! That is some bullshit. Not a facial tattoo is it? Nothing quite says "I have severe mental problems and might stab you in your sleep" like a facial tattoo. Tats are great and I'm going to get one soon.

I had to go look at your profile to find your reply to this...half the new posts don’t show up when you just look at “all activity” but I was hoping I’d find a laugh and you didn’t disappoint. 

Scratch that! Just found all the posts!

Edited by DammitJanet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×