CrazyBoards.org
CrazyRedhead

If government shutdown continues, Food Stamps and tax refunds could be affected

This is very disturbing to me. I really try to ignore news but I'm glad I'm aware of this shit storm. 

I'm so sorry cheese and anyone is is directly affected. It's a total embarrassment to have this president

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some recent developments on the shutdown.......It has just been announced that IRS employees are coming back to process tax refunds on schedule (although these employees will not get paid to do this)........

Also, has been announced that funding for SNAP, WIC and other food programs will continue through February 2019......Although what will happen to SNAP and other food programs after February is still uncertain, if the shutdown does not end by then.

Today and tomorrow, the House will vote on bills to re-open several branches of the government, but good ol' Mitch McConnell (Senate Majority Leader) has announced that he will refuse to even allow these bills to be considered by the Senate, unless Trump will agree to sign them.

Trump continues to say that he will never sign a budget bill that does not include 5.7 billion for his "wall".

Sad state of affairs.....**SIGH**

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Damn Mitch McConnell.  Don't get me wrong, I'm ticked off at Trump also.  But McConnell has the ability to end this if they can put together something that would override a veto.  Surely he has to see that as his job, but apparently not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

Damn Mitch McConnell.  Don't get me wrong, I'm ticked off at Trump also.  But McConnell has the ability to end this if they can put together something that would override a veto.  Surely he has to see that as his job, but apparently not.

Yep, the Turtle has withdrawn into his shell......Pathetic....

• Like 1

Another scary thing that's happening with this shutdown--a lot of our foods that are at high risk for contamination, including seafood, fruits, and vegetables, are not being routinely inspected by the FDA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/health/shutdown-fda-food-inspections.html

The FDA reports that domestic meat and poultry are still being inspected, but the workers now doing this are working without pay..........41% of FDA employees have been furloughed completely.

Surely hope that we don't have any outbreaks of food poisoning because of this.....

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Another scary thing that's happening with this shutdown--a lot of our foods that are at high risk for contamination, including seafood, fruits, and vegetables, are not being routinely inspected by the FDA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/health/shutdown-fda-food-inspections.html

The FDA reports that domestic meat and poultry are still being inspected, but the workers now doing this are working without pay..........41% of FDA employees have been furloughed completely.

Surely hope that we don't have any outbreaks of food poisoning because of this.....

Great, another reason to be afraid of my food. Sigh

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Juniper29 said:

Great, another reason to be afraid of my food. Sigh

I'm so sorry......I only posted it because I wanted people to be aware of the situation.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I'm so sorry......I only posted it because I wanted people to be aware of the situation.

I'm not upset with you! I'm upset with the idiot in the White House.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juniper29 said:

I'm not upset with you! I'm upset with the idiot in the White House.

Trump is a national embarrassment, like I said previously......

1 minute ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Trump is a national embarrassment, like I said previously......

HE is the national security threat ... Build a wall around him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not being American I do wonder about some of the things that the land of the free and home of the brave does. I don't know of another democracy which does this government shutdown thing. It seems like a terrible idea. The issue of the wall has nothing to do with most government employees, so why do you have a system which can screw so many people over because of it? That needs fixing.

Then there's the Supreme Court Justices. Should justice be so politicised? Brett Kavanaugh seemed like a dumb frat boy who likes beer (as he mentioned a few times)and sexually abusing women, but he's anti-abortion, so that's good enough for some. I mean Christine Blasey Ford seemed dignified and honest, and you would've thought that Brett would have to do something special to overcome her convincing testimony. The dickhead comes out and says "I like beer. Sometimes I drank too much beer. I still like beer. I still drink beer." My God! What a fucking idiot! If being a rapey dickhead isn't enough to get him disqualified then being dumb as fuck surely should. No other democracy does things like this. I don't really know how things work over here in merry old England but I think you have to be more intelligent than Homer Simpson and less of a rapist than Bill Cosby in order to be a High Court Judge. It's just the way we do things.

And gun control. Nah, let's not start on that. I'm English, so I know I'm supposed to sound smug and superior, but I like America and I like Americans. Bits of it anyway, and maybe half of the people. Things aren't going great over here so I'm not trying to sound patronising. But I do wonder what the fuck you're thinking sometimes America.

• Like 2

His security detail should walk right fucking off. 

After they drop him off on 5th in NYC. 

And, “we need a wall”, but nope not paying border security!

”all these terrorists!” But nope not paying TSA agents!

sorry, this happens on 3 hours of sleep. 

Edited by DammitJanet

11 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Not being American I do wonder about some of the things that the land of the free and home of the brave does. I don't know of another democracy which does this government shutdown thing. It seems like a terrible idea. The issue of the wall has nothing to do with most government employees, so why do you have a system which can screw so many people over because of it? That needs fixing.

Then there's the Supreme Court Justices. Should justice be so politicised? Brett Kavanaugh seemed like a dumb frat boy who likes beer (as he mentioned a few times)and sexually abusing women, but he's anti-abortion, so that's good enough for some. I mean Christine Blasey Ford seemed dignified and honest, and you would've thought that Brett would have to do something special to overcome her convincing testimony. The dickhead comes out and says "I like beer. Sometimes I drank too much beer. I still like beer. I still drink beer." My God! What a fucking idiot! If being a rapey dickhead isn't enough to get him disqualified then being dumb as fuck surely should. No other democracy does things like this. I don't really know how things work over here in merry old England but I think you have to be more intelligent than Homer Simpson and less of a rapist than Bill Cosby in order to be a High Court Judge. It's just the way we do things.

And gun control. Nah, let's not start on that. I'm English, so I know I'm supposed to sound smug and superior, but I like America and I like Americans. Bits of it anyway, and maybe half of the people. Things aren't going great over here so I'm not trying to sound patronising. But I do wonder what the fuck you're thinking sometimes America.

Only a third of us voted him in. And I’m guessing a portion of those were pretty indoctrinated by Russian social media fucks. Oops. Trolls. 

Edited by DammitJanet

I’d like to see all of the janitorial and housekeeping staff working at the White House and the Capital decide not to come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gearhead said:

I’d like to see all of the janitorial and housekeeping staff working at the White House and the Capital decide not to come in.

I’d much rather see secret service go on a vaycay. 

46 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

Exactly. Well said.