CrazyBoards.org

I got my medical marijuana card last week and today I bought my first medicinal grade marijuana product.  It was a tincture consisting of CBD and THC with a ratio of CBD 10 to THC 1.  It's basically a CBD product.  I thought I'd try to keep everyone up on my response to the new drug.  I took my first dose around 3pm and I psyched myself out for a minute or two but took a couple deep breaths and it was smooth sailing after that.  I can hardly notice anything obvious.  I mean, is there any difference at all?  What I can say without hesitance is that this medicine doesn't make me sleepy at all and it certainly doesn't counteract the large iced laté I had after lunch in the later afternoon.  I can't say if the coffee is keeping me up or the marijuana or a synergy between the two.  Oh yeah, I took another dose at 8pm.  It's about 11pm right now.  Is it making me slightly happier?  CBD is supposed to make you calmer and happier.  Maybe it takes longer than 8 hours to feel a noticeable difference.  

Each dose was a whole dropper.  That's probably more than they recommend for Newbies.  I'm taking this medicine because I have chronic inflammation.  This has been consistent for several years in a row as evidenced by an extremely high number regarding my High Sensitivity CRP.  CRP is a marker for inflammation in the blood that can be measured via a blood test.  Normal is 0.  Mines 12.  Ugh.  Scary, right?  They've ruled out a multitude of causes.  It's not my heat.  Its not celiac or another autoimmune disease.  It's not my uterus or ovaries.  I don't show any signs of cancer.  All of my other organs are good.  I have no aches or pains.  So, what's left?  Could it be sensitivity to environmental toxins and processed, crappy food, combined with the stress of being morbidly obese?  Perhaps.  Will medical marijuana, specifically, CBD oil, help me combat the inflammation if i diet and exercise?  It shows promise.  

Inflammation can cause obesity.  Inflammation can cause autoimmune diseases, cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.  It douses your body in poison.  It's really a great idea to try to get rid of it.  It causes stress and depression.  An interesting thing is that stress can cause inflammation as well.  It seems all these things are inversely related I guess.  All of them.  

I was talking to a friend about Big Pharma today.  I made a good point, I think that was possibly pro-meds.  Why would the government want to make us dumb by giving us psychiatric meds?  At the time I couldn't think of anything.  Really, I still cannot.  My conclusion is that psychiatric meds do not make us dumb... Not necessarily.  Studies also show that treating things like depression and bipolar early on with drugs can save us from future brain deterioration caused by the disorder.  My million dollar question is, are there possibly better drugs and medical solutions that Big Pharma won't be cheerleaders for?  Most definitely.  Thats all because they're making top dollar.  Its greedy.  I still take Abilify and Prozac but i'm not too worried about it making me stupid.  If it was going to do that, I would've been stupid a long time ago.  I've been taking these drugs for decades and am showing zero signs of mental decline.   

Cheerio.

I also take marijuana products. I was medical patient for 3 years but now it's all legalized in California. It's the only substance I add to the regular psych meds (abilify, celexa, lamictal).

I find it calms me down and I take it instead of benzo's which I have a ridiculous tolerance to after many years.

Just wanted to chime in and let you know there are many of us green people out there. 

Posted (edited)

I gave a 25 to 1 cbd to thc tincture a shot. Mildly effective at calming me down but it sort of pooped out. More power to the two of you who find a benefit.

ive found that nac has a more tangible calming and head quieting effect for me. Still early into taking it, but in terms of effect in the first two weeks, it’s nac hands down as more effective. Hope it doesn’t poop out too.

As always ymmv.

Edited by argh
Corrected ratio. It’s 25:1

13 hours ago, argh said:

I gave a 25 to 1 cbd to thc tincture a shot. Mildly effective at calming me down but it sort of pooped out. More power to the two of you who find a benefit.

ive found that nac has a more tangible calming and head quieting effect for me. Still early into taking it, but in terms of effect in the first two weeks, it’s nac hands down as more effective. Hope it doesn’t poop out too.

As always ymmv.

May I ask,what nac is?

Posted (edited)

i know a couple people who take cbd oil for various anxiety and sleep related issues. i think it helps them, or there's a placebo effect or something. i hope it helps you too! from my experience, a tincture shouldn't take more than 2 hours to kick in. all the ones i ever took (thc, mind you) started working 1-1.5 hours after ingestion.

weed's legal where i live. i only smoke socially, but i used it alone once in a while last semester to make myself stop working on school stuff when i got obsessive.  i like how it quiets my brain down and stop the ruminating i do, but i hate dealing with the high. it makes me stupid. i dislike being intoxicated, especially because i worked so hard to get to a point where i feel good sober.

Edited by echolocation
tincture info

The problem I have is that for seizures the CBD doses are high, as much or more than 150 mg. I use the isolate, it is pure powered CBD 99.8% purity. I can get a gram for $30. I have a medical cannabis card so I just throw the right amount of CBD Isolate into the vaporizer with some cannabis flower. I need some THC for chronic insomnia, GI distress, and chronic pain. Depending on my needs I can vape the Isolate if I just need CBD or mix in some cannabis flower if I want CBD and THC. If all I need is THC I vape flower.

• Thanks 1