CrazyBoards.org

I know it’s hit or miss for whether people like musicals or not, but for those who do...what’s your favorite?

I’ll start—i absolutely love The Wiz.  However, I will admit to being on a Rent kick.  (Will I? And goodbye love specifically)

Posted (edited)

i love Cats!! i watched the movie in early high school and had some of the songs on my ipod, but i got to see it live when i was in new york a couple years ago, and it was absolutely magical. the set was incredible and the costumes were fantastic. we had seats that were a little higher up, which was great because you got the full effect of all the props and lighting. so good. my mum and i briefly considered seeing it again this spring because it's coming to seattle, which is a reasonable drive for us, but the canadian dollar is SO low... it ended up being more cost than we were comfortable with. 

Edited by echolocation
missed a word

I hate musicals personally. Much of the music is so terrible it should be banned. The musicals with good music are called operas. 

Sorry, I’m in the “musicals make me want to scream” category. My 16yo loves them, I’m going to go batshit crazy(er) if I have to hear Hamilton or Be More Chill one more time. 

I do admit to wanting to see Cats, but only for the artistry. 

The Opera "The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs" primered at Santa Fe Opera and was excellent. It is a whole different way to present opera. I like some broadway, and love "A Funny Happened on the way to the Forum". I am partial to Rossini as I am a Rossina tenor. Donizetti and other bel canto composers. I love Puccini but I don't have a Puccini voice, I'm a lyric tenor.

I was in pit orchestra in high school and also did a summer specialty art school for teens.

The one I did at my high school was Jesus and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. 

The one I played at in the arts school was Crazy For You. (A Gershwin). 

I’ll have to admit that the Gershwin was more challenging and thus more of a thrill to practice and perform. 

I played the clarinet in both instances. 

Band and orchestra was my escape and my thing in high school and even college. I miss it a lot. I sold my wonderful wood clarinet. It went to a good home to a high school girl.  I hope it’s still being played to this day. 

On 1/9/2019 at 10:35 AM, dancesintherain said:

I know it’s hit or miss for whether people like musicals or not, but for those who do...what’s your favorite?

I’ll start—i absolutely love The Wiz.  However, I will admit to being on a Rent kick.  (Will I? And goodbye love specifically)

18 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

Definitely Jesus Christ Superstar.

i forgot about jesus christ superstar!! that's such a fun one. my mum sang lines from it a lot when i was a kid.

• Like 1