CrazyBoards.org

1 minute ago, Gearhead said:

Care to elaborate?

I know I should’ve 😂. I’m just so freaking pissy it’s hard to settle down to write it out. And I’m probably blowing it out of proportion. 

Talked to veterinarians on Reddit about Abby constantly licking her bum constantly for the last several months, and “leaking” fluid out of her butt onto my sweats and/or chair kinda regularly. They said she needed her anal glands expressed. 

Made the appointment. Took her in this morning. Instead of just taking her back, checking that it’s indeed that that needs fixing, she starts to tell me it’s normal for dogs to lick their asses all the time. That leaking all the time is normal?! Abby was getting more and more anxious whenever it happened, felt bad and would lick and lick the chair before I got up to clean it. 

She said it’s normal and natural and it’s best not to force it. I told her I tried doing it myself after watching a YouTube tutorial and couldn’t, but that I could tell they were full!

why all this fucking shit why not just do your fucking job lady!

she comes back out with her saying yeah they were both completely full. 

🙄

Really?

God damn I’m just so bitchy! 😢

• Like 1

I wouldn't call you bitchy, per se.  I'd call you understandably frustrated and annoyed.  But feel free to claim bitchy if that feels more accurate to you.  ;-)

sounds like a headache.

• Haha 1

Just now, dancesintherain said:

I wouldn't call you bitchy, per se.  I'd call you understandably frustrated and annoyed.  But feel free to claim bitchy if that feels more accurate to you.  😉

sounds like a headache.

I just don’t understand why she needed to say all that without even checking first! 

Oh well not looking forward to going back soon for shots. 😒

Personally I think I’d start vet shopping again. I consider my relationship with the entire staff just as important as my own drs. 

I had a dog quite a long time ago that had to occasionally have anal glands drained. It’s not a major deal, just do it! I can see your intense frustration. 

• Thanks 1

Don't you just love it when vets think they know our animals better than we do? We lost a dog because the vet insisted that he got a parasite infection from eating grass outdoors. And he barely looked at the dog. His treatment didn't work and caused the dog more suffering.

You are perfectly right to feel pissed off by the treatment you got. I'm glad everything worked out in the end though.

• Thanks 1

I would feel the same way. You know your pup better than anyone. 

Maybe a new vet is in order?

• Like 1

People really are shit aren't they? I've often thought this way, though not because of a dog's anal glands, though not for any better reasons. If your dog is doing something which isn't part of their normal behaviour then she should listen, rather than taking out her disappointment about not being smart enough to get through med school and being trusted to deal with humans on your poor dog. But you meet an arsehole and people suck. I do know this feeling. I dared to venture out and meet other people and many of them were fucking arseholes. Everyone's an arsehole, and I should just build a fort out of pillows and stock up enough canned goods that I'll never need to talk to another human again.

I'm joking but not joking. I have often thought that most people suck. And maybe they do. Maybe 90 percent of people do suck, but that leaves one in ten. A bad experience and I'm thinking "I can't get along with these humans. I should've been born an orangutan because they're my real soul brothers" Or something. It's probably an overreaction. Probably more than one in ten people aren't arseholes. I've never really felt like I belong in the human race, so any minor thing will make me think "Yep! I thought so, and you've just proved it." I don't know the statistics. Maybe 99.9% of people are pricks. I think it's probably a lot less. An arsehole can ruin your day/week/month/life when you lack faith in humanity. They're just arseholes and good people do exist. I don't always remember this when things haven't gone well.

19 minutes ago, Fluent In Silence said:

People really are shit aren't they? I've often thought this way, though not because of a dog's anal glands, though not for any better reasons. If your dog is doing something which isn't part of their normal behaviour then she should listen, rather than taking out her disappointment about not being smart enough to get through med school and being trusted to deal with humans on your poor dog. But you meet an arsehole and people suck. I do know this feeling. I dared to venture out and meet other people and many of them were fucking arseholes. Everyone's an arsehole, and I should just build a fort out of pillows and stock up enough canned goods that I'll never need to talk to another human again.

I'm joking but not joking. I have often thought that most people suck. And maybe they do. Maybe 90 percent of people do suck, but that leaves one in ten. A bad experience and I'm thinking "I can't get along with these humans. I should've been born an orangutan because they're my real soul brothers" Or something. It's probably an overreaction. Probably more than one in ten people aren't arseholes. I've never really felt like I belong in the human race, so any minor thing will make me think "Yep! I thought so, and you've just proved it." I don't know the statistics. Maybe 99.9% of people are pricks. I think it's probably a lot less. An arsehole can ruin your day/week/month/life when you lack faith in humanity. They're just arseholes and good people do exist. I don't always remember this when things haven't gone well.

Our thinking is extremely similar. The saddest part is though, that I am indeed an asshole too. 

A neighbor of mine once talked to me about learning how to express her dog’s anal glands. It was a very awkward conversation. 

3 hours ago, Gearhead said:

A neighbor of mine once talked to me about learning how to express her dog’s anal glands. It was a very awkward conversation. 

No shit. 

2 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

No shit. 

Yes, it is kind of yucky, but it's not that difficult to do, once you get the technique down.

Before I became disabled due to MI, I was a dog and cat groomer.....If you would like tips on how to do it, please PM me if you want.......You could save some money on vet visits if you learn to do it yourself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Yes, it is kind of yucky, but it's not that difficult to do, once you get the technique down.

Before I became disabled due to MI, I was a dog and cat groomer.....If you would like tips on how to do it, please PM me if you want.......You could save some money on vet visits if you learn to do it yourself.

Thank you! I watched a YouTube video about it but when I tried to externally nothing was coming out but could tell everything was full so I got scared I would rupture something if I squeezed any harder. Go ahead and message me I’d love to save 20 bucks!

54 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Go ahead and message me I’d love to save 20 bucks!

Message sent...!!.....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Message sent...!!.....

You seriously rock. Thanks once again...you’re always such an enormous help. ❤️

• Thanks 1