CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
lisa2712

Psychadelics, Spirituality, and Helping MI

HI,

image.thumb.png.cbb23e96512d14bb5edce49efb69a401.png

Unfortunately, I'm not good with meds, so I look to spirituality to help me. (Esp. non-duality ATM, but that's a whole other thing, which probably has nothing to do with spirituality.) 

An entheogen is, "is a class of psychoactive substances that induce any type of spiritual experience aimed at development.[2] The term entheogen is often chosen to contrast recreational use of the same drugs." There is research going on in some universities to test if psychadelics (such as LSD, psilocybin Mushrooms, MDMA/Ecstasy, Ayahuasca, etc.) can help people heal from certain mental and emotional neurotic conditions. Some non-profits such as MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association of Psychadelic Studies - https://maps.org/ , and the Heffter Research Institute (https://heffter.org/) are researching the potential healing benefits of psychadelics. I find this interesting, because many people who use psychedelics say it has helped them overcome some kind of suffering in their life and/or increased their connection to life. 

I'm writing this post because I think it would be nice if one day (in my lifetime) it was found that psychadelics could be used as tools to help people, including neurotic people, especially if they're not good with taking meds (like me). And I know you're thinking, "Yeah, and it'd be great if I had a million dollars, but I don't." It's not a reality now, But some universities and non-profits are doing research on this, and many people who have done psychadelics illegally in the US or legally in other countries have testimonies on youtube stating that taking psychadelics have helped them. 

Edited by lisa2712
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By baruch60610
      If you pray hard enough, you can make water run uphill.  That's what science fiction author Robert A. Heinlein said.
      "If you pray hard enough, you can make water run uphill"
      "How had do you have to pray?"
      "Why, hard enough to make water run uphill."
      I can't tell you how often I've heard people say things like that - if only I prayed hard enough, had strong enough faith, tried hard enough, worked hard enough... then the illness would be healed.  And I'd live happily ever after.  And maybe get a unicorn for Christmas...
      The gimmick is that no matter how hard I tried, if I didn't get better, I didn't try hard enough.  It's my fault.
      How convenient for the healers.
    • By yarnandcats
      very cold
      with snow
      forecasted
      along
      with
      particular landlady
      and
      son
      coming by
      tomorrow
      to show
      the
      apartment

wtf
      WTF
      W.T.F.

panic mode engaged
      on top of
      pain mode
      and
      sinus infection?
      UTI still
      maybe just
      "general illness mode"
      covers it all, yes?

flocks of starlings
      entertain
      the
      cats

peppermint tea
      tastes good

the oven is clean
      as is the stove top
      thanks to J
      *sparkle*
      *sparkle*

did you know
      baby jesus
      hides in a king cake
      for transfiguration sunday
      and
      for
      mardi gras?
      *nods wisely*
      yes indeedy
      poor baby jesus
      baked in an oven
    • By ScoutFinch
      I'm new here and am not sure if religious topics are kosher, so to speak, but I know nowhere else better to turn than here for discussion. As a disclaimer, I have believed in God and Jesus almost my whole life, so I'm coming from that perspective, but any spirituality applies to this imo.

My entire psychosis was spiritual. I thought I could directly communicate with God in my mind and that He was trying to tell me things through the tv and through music, among other things. This made it very hard for me believe I was sick and to want to take my meds.

How do you go back to feeling close to God, any god, after you experienced a new reality that felt so literal? Things I used to count as normal, like praying and feeling God answer those prayers, make me question my sanity now. My entire faith that God even exists has really been tested after psychosis. Does God actually communicate with us? What if any feeling of being close to God is just our brain playing tricks on us?

Would love to know what any of you think about this.

Also, sorry if this post is too long. Should I go the blog route next time?
    • By yarnandcats
      there's this series
      of posts
      about
      depression and suicide in paganism
      if anyone is interested

here's the link
      to part 3

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/agora/2014/10/seekers-and-guides-the-downward-spiral-depression-and-suicide-in-paganism-part-3/

i particularly found
      the part about
      soul retrieval and pathworking
      interesting
      as i've got a book or two
      on just such subjects
      but
      have been a bit wary
      of
      going it on my own
    • By Razael7
      Just wondered if there are any of us that have been officially diagnosed with personality disorder having experienced a family crisis or hospital admission and witnessed the clinical environment of doctors pulling strings to arrive at a schizophrenia regimen for on-going anti-psychotic treatment ....

error's in false-flagging certain responses based on personality traits or modes of communication and elaboration on meta-physical phenomena or area of interests in sub-cultural norms which is a rational or perspective of consciousness and reality. Certain persons with broad view and intereaction with telepathic phenomena, 6th sense or what has developed through mindfulness activities such as meditation, yoga, chi-gong etc. Cultural taboo's and bias attitudes toward expressing things that hold a significance to the person's everyday functioning and quality of life, with the potential for growth and alchemy of personality into better social functioning for instance.
      Such attitudes are of neglect in the education of professionals as to culturally acceptable notions, with large cross reference to sub-groups and spiritualist traditions from an anthropological perspective. pulling at every response to cue's a doctor gives to come up with diagnosing schizophrenia or schizoaffective in my case, also based on normal moods that one would have in the face of social and intellectual oppression.

**Doesn't schizotypal make one more vulnerable to lapses in functioning or if one was becoming too involved in psychic phenomena such as attention to astral phenomena.

Most of what got considered bizarre was based on rational evidence of psycho-social stressors or clinicians over elaborating and misdirecting the meaning of what I made statements about. I mean labeling one with persecutory delusion. Plus the feeling of subtle influence in the energetic body to raise cues as to the nature of environment in social web of like family for instance and expressions of discomfort through being sensitive to influence of the functionality of the personality. Hypersensitivity or perhaps episodes of resentment or Karmic life lessons learning to overcome may be faced with anxiety for content of imaginary events of the inner fantasy world.

or maybe I cross over to autism as I spend a great deal of time in my own head, often making errors in vocalizing and over -analyzing.