CrazyBoards.org
netsavy006

French Vanilla vs Hazelnut (iced coffee story)

French Vanilla or Hazelnut  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which flavor/creamer do you prefer?

• French Vanilla
    • Hazelnut

At my [place], they have a [place] where you can order breakfast/lunch and beverage items.  One of the beverages they sell is iced coffee.

For iced coffee, they offer 2 flavor/creamer options,  French Vanilla or Hazelnut.

I'm not into French Vanilla, so everytime I get my iced coffee,  I get Hazelnut.  I find Hazelnut to be a nice, sweet flavor.

I felt lonely (in a way) because I would always hear people say that they wanted French Vanilla, but never heard anyone ask for Hazelnut.
(I'm sure people bought Hazelnut, I just wasn't around at the time to hear/see it).

One day last week, I was in line to get my iced coffee, I finally heard a guy ask for a Hazelnut iced coffee.
The following day, I saw him again asking for Hazelnut iced coffee.

I can tell that he likes his Hazelnut as much as I do, because every time I've seen him since (buying iced coffee), he gets Hazelnut.  (only difference is that he gets his w/ whip cream and I get it w/o).  When ordering his iced coffee this morning, I asked him if he likes his Hazelnut and he said: "Yes, they make it good."

So, as I like to say,  I made a "Hazelnut Iced Coffee Buddy".

So how about you guys?,  Which flavor/creamer do you prefer? (you have my vote)

i like my coffee with just plain milk, but i also do like french vanilla as a treat. :) what a nice story, i'm glad you found an iced coffee buddy!

19 hours ago, Butterflykisses said:

Neither, I like caramel!

I like caramel too.

The world of coffee has gotten so flavor-mixed-in and Frappuccinoed that when I go to Starbucks and say “One medium coffee, please,” I frequently get a confused and baffled stare, while the poor soul waits for the other shoe to drop.

I don't care for black coffee.  Tastes too bitter.  I need to have it w/ some sort of flavor/creamer.

I generally take my coffee black, but when I do use creamer it is the hazelnut flavor. I only buy the store brand of creamer because, as I said, it is rather rare for me to use.

8 hours ago, argh said:

Espresso is love. Espresso is life

I've never had Espresso.  How does it taste?

51 minutes ago, netsavy006 said:

Like super strong coffee.

54 minutes ago, netsavy006 said:

basically concentrated coffee. less liquid, but a deeper/richer taste and texture. it's not just bitter, but a more complex sort of bitter.

4 hours ago, argh said:

basically concentrated coffee. less liquid, but a deeper/richer taste and texture. it's not just bitter, but a more complex sort of bitter.

I don't know about iced expresso, but regular expresso is served in a tiny portion. I need to chug my coffee, not sip it, so tiny portions will not do.

I ice my coffee most of the time and drink it black, but when I lived a block away from 7-11, I would go make a hazelnut iced coffee with hazelnut creamers and regular sugar.

I recommend looking for flavoured cream, you can get it at most grocery stores and many convenience stores, there is hazelnut flavoured cream so you can make it at home, it's very tasty. I'm not sure what it would be in the US.

At school we can either get regular, French vanilla or English toffee. I get English toffee 99% of the time. Wish we had hazelnut, I should bring my own, and add it.

That’s a tough question! I enjoy both flavors! I also enjoy iced coffees! 

Im glad you made a coffee buddy! That’s always fun when you have something to talk about in common with someone else. It makes it easier to start a conversation I believe!