CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
cakepop

Cooking food...

Is it difficult for anyone else? I never cook but tonight I tried to put some frozen pork chops in the crockpot with onions and seasoning. Nothing worked out right. The pork chops were a solid frozen block. I had already put onions in the pot and my eyes were burning.

I finally just got so pissed off and left everything where it was, never ended up cooking anything. I took all my clothes off and washed my hands 5 times. Now I’m laying down seething with rage and burning eyes.

at times. Ive become very good at cooking. but you can google, and youtube, step by step directions for just about anything now a days. If i have a new recipe or dont know how to cook something thats what i do, google or youtube something, and just follow the steps right there as im cooking.

also i know it costs more but there are alot of pre-made foods, steamable foods, decent microwave meals now adays.

Good Luck!

5 hours ago, looking for answers said:

at times. Ive become very good at cooking. but you can google, and youtube, step by step directions for just about anything now a days. If i have a new recipe or dont know how to cook something thats what i do, google or youtube something, and just follow the steps right there as im cooking.

also i know it costs more but there are alot of pre-made foods, steamable foods, decent microwave meals now adays.

Good Luck!

Thank you! Yes I survive on microwave meals. It also helps me watch my calorie intake :)

• Like 1

sorry you had such a disastrous time cooking! you'll have better luck with the meat if you leave it in the fridge overnight to thaw out. i encourage you to give it another try, crockpot cooking is a good way to make a lot of food without a lot of effort. i like looking up recipes just by searching something like "[ingredient 1] [ingredient 2] recipe easy" so in your case, "pork chops onion crockpot recipe easy". i found this recipe that looks pretty doable! https://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/slow-cooker-pork-chops-and-onions/ it says to brown the pork chops, which you can skip if you don't think you can do it, but it helps prevent them from getting dry.

if i'm not mistaken, you deal with some OCD stuff, right? i do too, and i have a hard time with meat at times because i wash my hands excessively out of fear of cross contamination. what helped me a lot was cooking in a way i call "loose vegetarian", which for me meant that i wouldn't cook with actual pieces of chicken, pork, beef, etc, but i would use stuff like beef stock for flavouring. i ate a lot of vegetable stews, curries, soups, pasta dishes, and stir fry.

a simple beef stock/vegetable soup is pretty easy to make! you don't even need a recipe. throw cubed onions, carrots, celery, and garlic (chop finely) into your pot with a bit of oil on medium heat (5 on your stove dial). stir em around until onion is clear-looking and soft, and everything smells really good. add as much water as you'd like there to be soup. add a couple beef bullion cubes. turn heat up to 7 or so. (you can do slow and low, too, but it will take longer) if you want potato, add it in now. if you've got a can of beans, throw those in. add salt and pepper, and take a look at your spices to see if you've got anything you want to add in. bay leaves are good, thyme, parsley, rosemary, oregano, paprika, onion powder... even rib rub or hamburger/chicken spice is good. when everything tastes pretty good, and the potatoes and carrots are getting soft, add noodles. little ones are better, but anything will work. wait until noodles cook and serve.

having written that out, i know it can seem like a lot. but there's pretty much no wrong way to do a soup -- eventually, the hot water cooks everything through. the worst case scenario is that it gets a bit mushy.

cooking is a lot of energy, but i promise it gets easier after a few tries. the only way to get better at something is to really suck at it for a while. i hope you keep trying! i believe you can do it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1