CrazyBoards.org

I have been taking 1-2 Klonopins a day for a few years and prior to that more Ativan prn than Klonopin. Recently it seems all I have needed was 1 mg a day of Klonopin. I have also been wanting something shorter acting for prn use. So I proposed to my pdoc that we change my benzo script to 1 Klonopin every day and 1 Ativan as needed. So I get 90, 1 mg Klonopins and 60, 1 mg Ativans in a 90 day period.(I get 90 day fills on all meds except Schedule I I) Pdoc seemed to like this. It seems to be working fine.

Edited by notloki
syntax
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, notloki said:

I have been taking 1-2 Klonopins a day for a few years and prior to that more Ativan prn than Klonopin. Recently it seems all I have needed was 1 mg a day of Klonopin. I have also been wanting something shorter acting for prn use. So I proposed to my pdoc that we change my benzo script to 1 Klonopin every day and 1 Ativan as needed. So I get 90, 1 mg Klonopins and 60, 1 mg Ativans in a 90 day period.(I get 90 day fills on all meds except Schedule I I) Pdoc seemed to like this. It seems to be working fine.

good to hear, were u having anxiety attacks that needed more quick acting meds

I’m on the same regimen. I take 2 mg Klonopin a day and 1 mg of Ativan as needed. It works well this way :) good luck!!

Oh also my pdoc said to dissolve the Ativan under my tongue so it kicks in faster. Maybe you could try that too?

7 hours ago, notloki said:

Very glad to hear this, notloki! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Inanlae
      Has anyone done this successfully?  How did you deal with your anxiety--social, GAD--without your benzodiazepine?  I've been taking it as prescribed since 2003.  I am addicted.
    • By l'appel du vide
      Hi everyone So here's a little background: I have been taking Klonopin daily for 4+ years now. The dosage at first was 1mg a day,  increased to 2mg a day, then 3mg a day, back down to 2mg. I was on 2mg a day for the majority of the time using Klonopin. At the beginning of 2018, I discussed with my psych that I want to VERY slowly taper off Klonopin completely, since I feel my anxiety and panic are not as bad as they were, especially with being on Prozac. He agreed, so we tapered very slowly. I would make 25% to 33% reductions every visit. So far I have made it down to 0.75mg a day. That's huge for me! My anxiety is still close to nonexistent, but I do worry about one thing. When I do eventually get off Klonopin completely, will my anxiety and panic come back even though I have been having mild symptoms from tapering that do, eventually go away? Looking for answers from people who have gotten off benzo daily use and successfully remained (mostly) anxiety-free. Thank you very much.
    • By mmaryland
      met with psychiatrist last friday and was asked when/how i take/manage/remember to take my meds and when I mentioned I took my Vraylar in the morning she expressed concern and asked why I took it in the AM. I simply told her it doesn't sedate me at all and I struggle to keep up with multiple dosages per day and remembering to take meds in the evening. 
      She suggested that even though I don't feel sedated or tired from taking Vraylar in the morning, in addition to 40mg Valium and 0.5mg Xanax, switching to dosing at bedtime (the Vraylar plus Valium) may decrease my need to use a sleeping aid. I can never win with antipsychotics and sleep. An atypical antipsychotic either knocks me out (seroquel, zyprexa) and leaves me super sedated next day and cognitively impaired, as well as "stable-blah or fails to produce activation or sedation (rexulti, vraylar, latuda). This puts me in a predicament because I have severe insomnia that must be treated or else I spiral out of control and become dysfunctional very rapidly. 
      Since Vraylar doesn't help me fall asleep, I alternate between using small dose, 50mg, of seroquel and halcion 0.25mg. Here's the problem:
      I don't feel at ease or comfortable taking to antipsychotics at the same time (Vraylar + Seroquel), but it works. Even my psychiatrist expresses a lot of concern about me taking two antipsychotics. We have explored other options, trust me almost of of them (sonata, ambien, edluar, mirtazapine, saphris, lunesta, temazepam, valium, xanax, clonidine, intermezzo, you name it, i've tried it except for belsomra), and after failing therapeutic response to several rounds of hypnotic sleeping medications I begged for halcion because I had been dying to do well on a sleep medication with a short half-life, quick onset of action, and little next day sedation. My doctor wrote my a script of 20 tablets for 45-60 days, but recently discussed "doing something about the triazolam (halcion)," meaning getting rid of it in the near future but it's the only thing that works for me! I w
      I feel so anxious because I am 3 weeks from coming off xanax completely, or decreasing to 0.25mg for 2 weeks after that then being off. Then the plan is to remove the remaining benzos (diazepam, triazolam) because I had a history of using xanax in the wrong ways in my past, so my doctor wants me off any benzodiazepine. I am really concerned that she will eventually stop prescribing halcion to me and I fear this because this is the only med I can rely on to get a good nights' rest if I have an important even the next day where I can't afford drowsiness. I use halcion to put me to sleep when I have something important to do the next day or if it's too late at night to take something longer acting like seroquel. My health insurance keeps pushing her to change medications since halcion is indicated for short term relief, but so is ambien, lunesta, and sonata. What's the difference I told her, halcion is the only thing that legititmately helps me fall asleep fast, doesn't leave a hangover, feels more natural than other sleep aids like ambien (where I feel disoriented, wobbly, etc.).
      I was absolutely grateful when my physician wrote me for halcion and was even happier after trying it out. i am not looking to take it every night by any means, I just want to have a continuous prescription so I can have something to rely on when I cannot afford having a poor night's' sleep or when i find myself spending hours trying but failing to fall asleep. Anyone else have experiences with being prescribed halcion on a continuous basis? I frankly don't see the problem in my prescription of 20 halcion every 45-60 days, it's not like I am taking it nightly (then I would see and understand where my doctor and health insurance company are coming from) but for strictly PRN use. I think taking halcion out of my medication regimen will only lead to the journey of finding another sleep medication that works, which we all know take weeks to months. Why change something if it's working and not being misused or abused? Any opinions, stories, or experiences with you guys? Feel free to talk about other "short-term" sleep medications and your experience.

• By neptune93
      I tapered of ativan because I felt like it was making me like the energizer bunny. I would start reading a book, 15 min later do dishes, 20 min later go on a run, 10 minutes into the run get tired of it, go inside watch a tv show for 10 min, then do something else. I couldn't focus on one damn thing at a time. Well I refilled the prescription and I felt great yesterday and the day before but now I actually feel more anxious. Not exactly anxiety per se, but almost like an agitation that makes me on edge, makes me worry more. I function better. Showering, cleaning, not daydreaming all day or dissociating. But I just hate the rotten feeling of agitation and not being able to relax. Would a longer acting benzo help? Such as klonipin. This was the same thing I experienced on xanax except no agitation but more energizer bunny and 15 incremental sessions all day. But this time I keep worrying, I can't be patient, little things annoy me. I'm getting frustrated even thinking about thinking about it.
    • By daisydo
      I was taking prozac for depression, .5mg klonopin daily for GAD, and lithium orotate for suicidal thoughts. I take rozerem at night for non24 sleep phase disorder. 
      The prozac stopped working and so my pdoc switched me to lexapro but it made me exhausted all the time- i basically would sleep, wake up, eat a little, go back to sleep... after two weeks she’s switching me over to effexor instead. I am starting at the lowest dose, but I’m not sure when to take it- is this going to be a morning pill? right now i take the lithium and rozerem at bedtime, and was taking prozac, klonopin and then the lexapro in the morning. I switched to taking the lexapro at night when i relized how exhausted it was making me. still, i slept all day and night. 

so effexor- i’ve read enough to know it’s an snri, and it’s a bitch to climb back off of. and it can take up to a month to work? is there anything else about this combo i should know, or does anyone have experience with these meds together?

i’m diagnosed with depression with psychotic features (since the 90s), general anxiety (past five years), non24 SPD, and chronic suicidal ideation. I know the non24 is the weird one, but I’ve found ways to set up my life/work schedule to manage it- i’m not sleep deprived.
      any thoughts would be great, i’m a relative newcomer to being medicated- i’ve only had access to a pdoc regularly dor the last three or four years, before that it was just urgent care or ER, random doctors trying to treat me.