CrazyBoards.org

Hey folks..

Can someone please confirm with me, that they do take 3 or more antidepressants? I take 300 mg of Effehxor XR in the am, zoloft 100mg am, and Elavil 100mg in the pm. Yes, yes, I know all about serotonin syndrome, and have been on high doses of. Serotonin affecting meds for decades. (3 at a. Time as well)  I have been on these various meds for almost 30 years. I would have "poop out" at regular doses, but found when I combined, mixed and such, I do very well. (Not "manic" well)  I also take 50mg Nozinan (older antipsychotic) pm, Risperidone 2 mg am pm, clonazapam 1 mg 3x daily, and topomax 200mg pm. 

So, if there are any others mixing 3 or more antidepressants, it would be great to hear from you. They seem to be the only thing that blasts the depression and anxiety away! Thanks!!

SSRIs or TCAs is not going to cause Serotonin Syndrome. You need a MAOI. Even in overdose where people take 90 day supplies of SSRIs they don't get Serotonin Syndrome. I have taken Effexor, Remeron, and a TCA, Doxepin together without incident.

6 hours ago, Myfavoriteheadache said:

So, if there are any others mixing 3 or more antidepressants, it would be great to hear from you. 

I take three ADs: Trazodone, Wellbutrin XL, and Lexapro.........However, some might not consider Traz to be an AD, because it is now primarily used off-label as a sleep aid.

However, all these ADs don't really help much for me...I'm glad to hear that yours seem to be working for you.