CrazyBoards.org

I am sorry you are having a hard time with insomnia...I know what thats like, actually the only medication that has helped me sleep is clozapine.

The clozapine puts me to sleep and I stay asleep, meaning I do not wake up at all during the night, and average about a 10 hour sleep.

I've heard of BP patients taking clozapine....maybe its an option for you? IDK, I hope you get some relief...

I don’t know your age, but have you had your hormones checked? Any of them out of balance can cause sleeping issues. 

thank you both.  butterfly. I have't really considered clozapine yet because it seems like such a big commitment when my only issue is sleep--no mood issues, no anxiety issues, and no psychosis issues (for now at least!).  I'll keep in mind that it can be helpful, but for now I'm trying to see if I can do it a little more gently.

DJ, my thyroid got checked yesterday, but the estrogen/progesterone/etc haven't been in a while.  I'm 36, so it's plausible that something could be wonky.  Early, but still possible.  I've been avoiding the gynecologist because of trauma, but I'm working with my tdoc on that and will be ready for an appointment eventually..probably not too much longer.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, Iceberg said:

(My + antecdotal experience )

depends on what you need to treat

sleep induction: I prefer halcion but that's deep in the bag (or not at all) of tricks for many pdoc. Xanax works too sometimes.

valium is kind of in between, had success with it in combo with zyprexa or by itself at higher dose 

klonipin, restoril are good for sleep maintaince, flurazepam too but again think that's lesser known by some pdocs. I've had very good luck with halcion for cutting Down how long it takes me to fall asleep 

I think I'm going to be looking back at this list/at benzos.  Assuming the belsomra is causing the nightmares, I don't think it's sustainable.  I'll give it some more time and see what pdoc and tdoc think.  But they're pretty horrible.  My pdoc has had me reducing the ativan each night, so that gives some room for a benzo-based sleep approach.

She had mentioned temazepam previously but hadn't gone with it,, so maybe she'll be more receptive now.  Or trying halcion again, since she thought about it last time.

Edited by dancesintherain