CrazyBoards.org

silvinator

Just got diagnosed with two new head problems

I thought having schizophrenia and anxiety was bad enough, now I have PTSD and borderline personality disorder.

It kind of is a new development because they solved the schizophrenia with a med change and it seemed the schizophrenia was in the way of a bunch of other crap.

Can't win here.

1 hour ago, silvinator said:

Can't win here.

There's a lot of folks here on CB who also have multiple issues, myself included.....It is quite common for us with MI to have multiple diagnoses......You are definitely not alone.

I know it can be frustrating to be diagnosed with other problems, but hopefully your pdoc will work with you, and help you treat the PTSD and borderline personality issues, along with your other MIs.

It is frustrating, but it’s better to know what you’re up against, because then you can treat it. 

4 hours ago, silvinator said:

Can't win here.

I know it sucks to hear when you are diagnosed with something new. When they told me I had SZA disorder bipolar type it was the last thing I wanted ot hear. I still deny it sometimes to this day and say I have bipolar disorder instead. I don’t want people to judge me for having a SZ disorder.  I have GAD too that I often don’t list either if asked. 

But I agree with gear, now you know what you are up against at least. Keep fighting.