CrazyBoards.org

deeschmee

So Confused As Usual

So I started hanging out with this guy I met at work. He told me from the get-go he wasn't in a place to be in a relationship yet he still wanted to hang out and spend time. The few times we hung out and he's gotten buzzed he's become very sexual. I'm also cool with just FWB. The minute he's sober he backs away but still says he enjoys my company and thinks I'm super cool.

Any guys I've met before are very clear about their intentions. Either let's bang or let's be in a relationship.

Why is he flip flopping?

I'm so confused....

Edited by deeschmee

10 hours ago, deeschmee said:

So I started hanging out with this guy I met at work. He told me from the get-go he wasn't in a place to be in a relationship yet he still wanted to hang out and spend time. The few times we hung out and he's gotten buzzed he's become very sexual. I'm also cool with just FWB. The minute he's sober he backs away but still says he enjoys my company and thinks I'm super cool.

Any guys I've met before are very clear about their intentions. Either let's bang or let's be in a relationship.

Why is he flip flopping?

I'm so confused....

Hmm Maybe he's confused too? Maybe that's why he doesn't want to commit to a relationship because he really doesn't know where he's at for whatever reason

• Like 2

The best advice I can give is to ask him what is going on. He's the only one who might be able to answer if he even knows himself.

• Like 1

I'm sure he is confused. But I don't understand why he act so lovey dovey. He behaves as if he truly likes me when he's buzzed. Isn't alcohol the truth serum? Don't actions speak louder than words? 

I've never met I guy so wishy washy

With some people and alcohol it has a very Dr Jekyll vs. Dr Hyde effect on them. We all know the mean drunk who is fine one moment and turns mean the next moment. At a previous job, Russ worked in accounting and was quiet and shy. Until a few drinks and then he became omnisexual, aggressively. 

• Like 1

So now this guy called me to apologize for confusing me and he said yes actions do speak louder than words and even though he's not ready for a relationship he enjoys my company and spending time with me and thinks I'm super cool and would like to hang out again.

I just can't wrap my head around all this

58 minutes ago, deeschmee said:

So now this guy called me to apologize for confusing me and he said yes actions do speak louder than words and even though he's not ready for a relationship he enjoys my company and spending time with me and thinks I'm super cool and would like to hang out again.

I just can't wrap my head around all this

It’s possible that he’s afraid of a relationship for trust issues or a very painful breakup or something, and maybe is confused himself with what he wants. When he pushes you away it could be the fear creeping in again and his flight response kicks in? I think he’s confused himself. Just be watchful of alcoholic tendencies...

that’s the last thing you need in your life. 

• Like 1

You nailed it for sure. And thank you for helping me sort this all out.

I have no clue. About most things