Crazyboards User Agreement:
By proceeding with the registration process you agree to have have read and understood the following:
This isn't your usual support site. Frankly, we think most of the so-called support sites out there suck. That's why we have our own. You won't find that your every post is responded to with feigned warm fuzziness and cyberhugs. Frankly, we think cyberhugs suck.
A lot of other sites place great importance on making sure people are not offended or "triggered." We don't. With reasonable exceptions such as the PTSD board, we don't do a lot of walking on eggshells around here. Everyone is encouraged to say what they need to say and not worry about what effect it may have on others. We do have a trigger warning feature which people are free to use if they so desire, but its use is not required.
We try not to have a lot of rules. In general, we prefer to let people be themselves and work out their problems amongst themselves.
Here are the basics which will be expanded upon elsewhere in the forum:
We reserve the right to display your posts indefinitely. They are ultimately your intellectual property to use elsewhere as you may please, but don't show up six months later and ask us to remove all your posts. You most likely will not like the results. In order to maintain the integrity of forum threads it may not always be possible to remove every post you have ever made. Others have the right to quote any post you may make in their own posts or elsewhere so long as proper attribution is given. Moderators have the right to edit your posts as they see fit.
Like pretty much everything else on the web, CrazyBoards is indexed by search engines. That's most likely how you found your way here. Keep this in mind when determining how much information about your identity you're going to disclose. There is a private PTSD sub forum that's not indexed and only registered users can view.
While it is no cause for reservations, we reserve the right to reserve all other rights which are not otherwise reserved.
This is an LGBT safe space. If you have a problem with that, go somewhere else.
The management of crazyboards.org does not endorse self-medication of any kind for for any reason unless it's single malt scotch and you're offering us some. We believe that being a fully informed patient and taking an active role in one's treatment is a vital part of coping with mental illness. Doctors and patients should work together as a team with a common goal. We reject the paternalism prevalent in the mental health care industry and believe that physicians should not be treated as all knowing holy receptacles of medical knowledge. We also reject the view of physicians as know-nothing pill pushers. A functional doctor patient relationship requires trust and and fully informed two-way communication. We are here to ensure that people have the background knowledge to effectively communicate with their physicians.
We're also here to talk about nipple clamps.
- Don't be a jerk. We get to define what constitutes being a jerk. Basically, if you're a bigger asshole than any of our moderators, you're a jerk. Acting in a way that prevents people from getting support from a support site or otherwise subverts the intention of the site is definitely a jerky thing to do. If you do jerky things you may get suspended. If you try to evade a suspension then you will be banned. Trying to evade a suspension pisses us off. Don't do it.
- If you want to talk about your involvement in any past or present illegal activities, that's fine by us but if any law enforcement officials come knocking on my door I'm going to give them what they ask for.
- The moderators have the final say in what content is or is not acceptable on their boards.
- Do not disclose any personal information about any person other than yourself. The public disclosure of specific identifying facts about even yourself is strongly discouraged. This includes surnames, home addresses, place of employment, email addresses and the like. We reserve the right to edit your posts to protect your privacy and/or the privacy of others.
- No abusive, libelous or slanderous postings.
- Usernames may not be the name of any real person unless it is your own. If you really are Pauly Shore, you will be asked to send in a copy of your Photo-ID for confirmation. I will then ban you from the site because you scare the bejesus out of me. Come on. Encino Man? WTF was that all about?
- Choose your user name carefully. We do not change user names unless under exceptional circumstances
- No soliciting, spamming, or other commercial activity. If you want to post a link to your own business in your signature, that's fine. If you want to post a review or recommendation for a product or service that you personally used it's fine as long as you are not making any money off it.
- Any offers or requests to buy, sell, trade, give away, or receive prescription medications or controlled substances are categorically forbidden. Asking where you can ask about these matters is forbidden. Asking where you can ask about asking about asking about these matters is forbidden. etc. Please report any posts involving these activities ASAP. The presence of these kinds of activities here could lead to the end of Crazyboards. It's up to each and every Crazyboards member to help keep us free from this kind of content.
- Crazyboards is a first-person site. Is this about you? If yes - perfect! Jump right in! Is this about a friend, co-worker, or family member? Nope. Not here. Move on along to NAMI.