CrazyBoards.org

SheltieUnderdog

Will the screeners and the cops arbitrarily put me in the generic looney bin if I admit to them that while I do not want to commit suicide that I would accept being euthanized if it were legal and that I personally believe that it should be?

1 hour ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

This is some high grade, absolutely moronic nonsense. Being an atheist does not mean you are absent of conviction, are full of shit or never scared of yourself. Nor does lack of conviction, being full of shit or absence of anxiety surrounding oneself mostly come from lack of belief in or a fear of a high power.

It just means you don't believe in a god or deity, and that you don't subscribe to, nor believe in, any relegion. But thanks for the attempted insult. I assure you that I have plenty of convictions and morality, as do the vast majority of atheists.

Partially true but there have to be other factors going into someone opting to completely do away with the existence of a creator or a higher power which even the scientific Deists and Agnostics seem to admit is highly probable, preceding any theory with data to back it up. Being Agnostic or having a self-made religion is one thing if you want evidence but as far as I can understand, I would say that most Atheists are almost as rigid as certain organized religious followers like the modern Roman Catholics which are almost like Atheists at this point and would not believe any tangible evidence if it sat right in front of their face because the presence of a higher power for some reason insults them and intimidates them because a lot of them are audacious. A lot of it comes from audacity. Another thing which I'm pointing out is the incentive that Atheists have to convince themselves that there is not a higher power to most likely get away with not having a moral compass throughout life or less of one. It is one thing to refuse to assume to an organized religion and that is fine but denial of the existence of a higher power while there is a probability that you are inhabiting its planetary existence is insulting to the entity. There is also audacity in Atheists declaring themselves Atheists because it doesn't show itself and even if it did they would not believe in its existence. I communicated with a higher power during a high speed chase when I was off of my medication and went to state prison afterward. Like the Muslims state, it is actually sexless. Unlike what Muslims state it is also flexible. It can also lean more female or male to benefit its communication with you. The meaning of life is not conception, it is having a choice and free will. One thing that insults me about the species is that this entity told me that I could kill myself based on my life circumstances and I would not be punished and the species it I co-exist with inflicts punishments for making insinuations about it although it would be saddened by my absence. So essentially based on my own beliefs humans in general are more rigid and inflexible than the entity which put all of their sorry asses here. It also informed me that the species is also facing inevitable extinction before the end of this millennium because of the genetic cess pool or genetic slump that we are already starting to go through right now. All I can tell you is that individuals with a religion would seemingly have less to worry about after dying and facing a superior entity while Atheists definitely have more to worry about and more to explain upon their examination because of the denial of its existence. Atheists like I said nowadays, are almost worse than the traditionalist organized religious followers because there have been instances of Atheists telling me that my mental illness will improve upon refusing to believe in a God and that until then I will continue to suffer. I realize that you are not all the same but this actually has come out of the mouths of Atheists.

1 hour ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

This is some high grade, absolutely moronic nonsense. Being an atheist does not mean you are absent of conviction, are full of shit or never scared of yourself. Nor does lack of conviction, being full of shit or absence of anxiety surrounding oneself mostly come from lack of belief in or a fear of a high power.

It just means you don't believe in a god or deity, and that you don't subscribe to, nor believe in, any relegion. But thanks for the attempted insult. I assure you that I have plenty of convictions and morality, as do the vast majority of atheists.

Well at least I could tell you that I believe that there is a high probability that my genetics represent human extinction 100 if not approximately 1000 years from now. What my parents did in the late 1980's was insane and unthinkable. I was conceived through insanity. Eventually humans will reach the point where their genetics are such shit that they will have absolutely no will to live and just want to end themselves. Just look at the youth of today compared to the youth of say London, England in the early to mid 1960's. It is already happening.

Just now, Hopelessly Broken said:

I don't have to convince myself there isn't a higher power for any reason. If I lack a moral compass, I lack a moral compass. 

Whether there is a higher power / creator or not I would say that the Atheists are in a lose / lose situation wither way. If there is no so-called God then the religious followers have nothing to worry about either way and that outcome is a stalemate with the Atheists. If there is a God than it's the Atheists which have more to worry about and that is not for refusing to abide by an organized religion but for just outright refusing to believe in it.

1 minute ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

Worry about after dying? You're dead. End of story. 

You cannot prove that there is no existence or realm that follows after death as much as I can't prove there is. But like I said, if the truth is that something follows life and it was created by a spiritual being, than the Atheists have the most to worry about because of believing that there is some kind of absence or void of existence and they find out there isn't and face something superior which examines them as Atheists. If there isn't than the religious followers, even Agnostics, have less to worry about either way.

You don't worry when you are dead. 

There is no scientific evidence to back that up from the Atheists point of view. And there is data sourced from people which have been declared dead and returned to life, I don't think any of them backed up what the Atheists proclaim, any of them.

Bullshit. 

If Atheism is so great than why isn't it guiding you to control your emotions better right now?

5 minutes ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

What causes worry, the brain. When you are dead, the brain is also dead. End of fucken story. Done conversing with you. 

You only have concrete science which a higher power is likely responsible for. You cannot prove that upon death that the brain cannot transcend as part of the spirit when you are morally examined for all of your choices in life. And do you not see what I'm saying about the audacity. You are basically proving my point about most Atheists having that underlying quality. I don't think I've ever had a pleasant conversation with anyone who uses that label.

9 minutes ago, Hopelessly Broken said:

What causes worry, the brain. When you are dead, the brain is also dead. End of fucken story. Done conversing with you. 

And you understand that you are the one being more rigid and concrete here? I am being more flexible willing to admit that the Atheist hypothesis is remotely possible even though I choose not to entertain it.

Time out.

This thread has tangented from the original question to a pointless, rancorous debate about the existence of the Deity, which is best left to philosophers.

Sheltie, your original question was given a perfectly reasonable and factual reply by Hopelessly Broken right out of the gate. That you did not like the contents of his reply, or mine, or indeed those of any of the members who have been kind enough to take the time to respond to you, is immaterial. At CB, we are not in the habit of telling people what they want to hear. We practice telling people what, in our collective experience, they need to hear, and hope it sinks in.

Suicidal ideation is never a characteristic of a well, stable mind, and is a clear signal when you are symptomatic. Unlike the end-of-life decisions made in cases like cancer, where all possible treatments have been exhausted, you still have untried options for relief from your pain, so euthanasia is not a credible option. Many of us here suffer as you do; some suffer more. None are giving up. You must keep trying until you find the help you need.

This thread, however, is closed.

Cerberus