CrazyBoards.org

Physical Distancing with Executive Dysfunction

I'm finding social distancing and other precautions so hard, they require a sort of "presence of mind" that I just don't have.

I'm in the supermarket and suddenly I noticed I've taken off my gloves and I don't remember how or why (I only wear gloves because I can't get sanitizer, the idea is to wear them until I'm done shopping and then take them off when I get out so my hands are clean until I get home, because my hands like to live on my face :( ) . If I don't have anything else to think about i can remember to stay away from people but as soon as my focus shifts to getting food suddenly I am in their space... Does anyone have any tips on making this work?

Edited by Antecedent

1 hour ago, Antecedent said:

I'm finding social distancing and other precautions so hard, they require a sort of "presence of mind" that I just don't have.

I'm in the supermarket and suddenly I noticed I've taken off my gloves and I don't remember how or why (I only wear gloves because I can't get sanitizer, the idea is to wear them until I'm done shopping and then take them off when I get out so my hands are clean until I get home, because my hands like to live on my face :( ) . If I don't have anything else to think about i can remember to stay away from people but as soon as my focus shifts to getting food suddenly I am in their space... Does anyone have any tips on making this work?

I keep a couple gloves with me and I kind of rely on my mask too much in grocery stores because there's no way I can do the 6' thing there even if I was concentrating really hard the whole time.  There's just too many prices and selections and people whizzing by.  

I touch my face all the time, too.  It is hard not to touch my face with used gloves sometimes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...