CrazyBoards.org

walked off the job

Guest ~Aurelie~

Guest ~Aurelie~

i am shaking i am so upset. i just walked off the job because of abuse. i feel i did the right thing after so much verbal abuse, that manipulative kind that i grew up with. but now we have no income. i will hit the streets with my resume tomorrow. but. i am really scared.

aurelie

lots of jobs out there sweetie.  this is what i told myself & what my brother says: if you have, take a McJob to keep some money coming in if you have to; there is no shame in a make work job as long as it keeps you fed & a roof over your head!

Good for you, Aurelie!

I'm sure you did the right thing!  I've done it a few times myself, and it felt great when you've been pushed to your limit as you were.  To hell with them!  You'll find another job.  As we used to say in the trades, when we were always in and out of work, "I was looking for a job when I found this one!"

Aurelie, congratulations!!!

This is such an important step. It's hard to feel good about yourself when you have to take abuse at work. I know it's hard and scary to be without work, but when you feel scared, think of the courage it took for you to walk away from that horrible job.

The hard part is over. You'll do fine, I think. I'm really proud of you.

xo

lily

Guest ~Aurelie~

lily. catnapper. thank you very much. i really needed to hear this today as i try to buck up and get myself out the door and on the pavement mask pulled over to cover the pain. i had a dream this morning that the boss (and there were many at this job) who ravaged me yesterday apologized and admitted how wrong he was. i told my partner and asked, are my dreams trying to provide me with the peace i deserve? and he hugged me and said, yes. yes. yes.

i keep bursting into tears. i feel sad and strong. it's not the job as much as it is the abuse i took for almost 2 years straight and how much i gave to that place and the clientale that became mine. they told me they come for me. they became part of my routine, part of my life in a sense friends. and how much i gave i worked so hard there beyond what was ever expected and i got beaten down and dragged through the mud into mire so deep i didn't even recognize the abuse happening until the last straw. lies lies lies manipulations lies deceit. all of this to a good and honest person.

i see the significance in this. i see that i have taken abuse over and over in my life because that was all i knew. but i kept on loving and believing the best in people making excuses for evils done. oh they must have had a hard past blah blah blah. oh somehow i must deserve this. but now i know now i see we all have choices and there is indeed evil in the human race and i did not believe that before thinking it otherworldly. but no. evil is with us. evil exists in people.

thank you for your support and words and for lifting me up.

love

aurelie

Guest ~Aurelie~

Take this job and shove it. Work is a four-letter word. Use as many as you need in discussing it.

that's what it says in the header for this forum.

i just wanted to say thank you for the invitation.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITSHITFUCKCRAPASSSSSSSSHOLESFUCKSHITASS

LIERSABUSINGFUCKINGFUCKHEADS FUCKING FUCK YOU FFUCKERS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take this job and shove it. Work is a four-letter word. Use as many as you need in discussing it.

that's what it says in the header for this forum.

i just wanted to say thank you for the invitation.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITSHITFUCKCRAPASSSSSSSSHOLESFUCKSHITASS

LIERSABUSINGFUCKINGFUCKHEADS FUCKING FUCK YOU FFUCKERS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you go girl!

;)

Maybe you could also apply for unemployment.  I'm not sure about where you live, but here you can apply for unemployment if you quit because the job was a toxic work environment, like what you were describing. 

it's not the job as much as it is the abuse i took for almost 2 years straight and how much i gave to that place and the clientale that became mine.

Sending you peace and good thoughts. You did the right thing. Allowing abuse to continue, whether at work or at home, just beats you down more so that finally you're paralyzed by the belief that you're worthless and stupid and all the rest. It's not true. But it takes awhile to get the abuse out of your system. Don't be too hard on yourself.

As for your (former) boss, as Navy would say:

In the ear.....with a rake.

Greeny

Guest ~Aurelie~

it's not the job as much as it is the abuse i took for almost 2 years straight and how much i gave to that place and the clientale that became mine.

Sending you peace and good thoughts. You did the right thing. Allowing abuse to continue, whether at work or at home, just beats you down more so that finally you're paralyzed by the belief that you're worthless and stupid and all the rest. It's not true. But it takes awhile to get the abuse out of your system. Don't be too hard on yourself.

As for your (former) boss, as Navy would say:

In the ear.....with a rake.

Greeny

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks greeny! this encouragement means a lot as i prepare for another day of job search. on shaky ground over here.

Archived