CrazyBoards.org

so how do you recognize what your early warning signs are?  I have one of the good old faithful--my sleep gets thrown off.  IT's not a given, but it's a waning sign.

However, I don't understand things well enough to know for a fact what other symptoms I show prior to an episode or at the beginning of an episode.  Are there any tricks?

This likely doesn't happen to you, but I feel physically pressure in my head from my brain, it's like things are expanding and I can fit everything in there.  That happens when I'm psychotic.  So even if I believe my delusions, I know something is off because I have the pressure.

I feel physical sensations too, not exactly expanding, but like my brain is swelling and rotting?  I didn't know that was a thing that was common.  I also can't process things at a normal speed, like I will have to drive below the speed limit.  

Recognising thought patterns is important too. 

Most people have recurring themes to their delusions. So more time thinking even healthy thoughts about (choral music /whatever) CAN be a warning sign that thoughts are about to turn less healthy. 

2 hours ago, Banana Smurf said:

I feel physical sensations too, not exactly expanding, but like my brain is swelling and rotting?  I didn't know that was a thing that was common.  I also can't process things at a normal speed, like I will have to drive below the speed limit.  

I didn't know it was common either!  Interesting.