CrazyBoards.org

Not taken seriously?

Well mania ends whether you like it or. Not. Mine will surely end on its own soon most likely .. None of my providers really seemed to believe em. (I brought it up to.: My case manager who said I was  “just” very energetic and lively and how great is that!. My tdoc said everyone gets this way in the spring. And pdoc said I wasn’t doing anything dangerous so that’s good.) 

So, what to do? I have some PRN zyprexa extra. But distractions are all over the place and mind = speedy and all. So. I forge t even with phone alarms. I’m trying so dang hard to not buy any more crap. Oh mylanta. I’m in debt. It sucks 

Anyone else not been taken seriously about bringing up possible symptoms  “ ? This hasn’t really happened to me this bad since I got this new care team. I’m a bit off put. Maybe I should have pressed the issue harder but they didn’t seem like they were will8ng to listen. No matter what I said.

I told a psychiatrist I had once that I thought that I was hypomanic, and he asked me how much sleep I was getting, which was like 5 hours a night and if I was doing anything dangerous, which I wasn't.  He told me to enjoy it and to call back if it got any worse.  It didn't really end up in anything dangerous, so it was ok that time, I guess.  I guess some doctors don't take mild manias very seriously, but if it is serious, they should take it seriously.  I can accept some mood alterations, but the blow to the bank account can be a bitch.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Banana Smurf said:

I told a psychiatrist I had once that I thought that I was hypomanic, and he asked me how much sleep I was getting, which was like 5 hours a night and if I was doing anything dangerous, which I wasn't.  He told me to enjoy it and to call back if it got any worse.  It didn't really end up in anything dangerous, so it was ok that time, I guess.  I guess some doctors don't take mild manias very seriously, but if it is serious, they should take it seriously.  I can accept some mood alterations, but the blow to the bank account can be a bitch.

EXACTLY the blow to the bank account! Omg do they not understand? How would they like being in debt so very much? I am swimming up to my eyeballs in debt right n9w. It will take me eons to pay all this off! I am freaked out yet still spending ! And my mind just won’t stop! It’s honestly getting too fast. Like sometimes yes very fun still but some,times not FUN anymore. I feel like a few drinks but I don’t know if I should. It might slow me down a bit or not I don’t know. Geez. Sorry for ranting. 

And I got a whole freaking 6 minute appointment with my pdoc last appointment. Holy cow wow. Like that’s enough time to properly assess my mental state and let me speak. Half the time she was asking about if I had any COVID symptoms. The fuck? 

The fact that you are taking the responsibility to report on your mania symptoms so you can be responsible and take care of them is very respectable to me, I don't think it's right that a professional wouldn't take you seriously.  You know yourself, you know your danger signs better than anyone, they ought to realize that.  I hope you can find a way to keep yourself on track using the prn meds, can you have someone remind you and give you the med when it's time?  I have to physically put the pill in the hand of my adhd family member or she will get distracted on her way to the cabinet and not take it.  Maybe someone can help you that way until your brain slows down a little?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Cheese,

That you are reading your mood is very good and gives a window to be proactive, so it’s a bitch that you’re not getting the attention you deserve.  Personally, I totally suck at reading my mood states and wish I had some self awareness.  I can really go off the rails and spiral into major trouble in very short order.  If I didn’t see my psychologist weekly...well, I’d be dead.  He’ll alert my my psychiatrist and we’ll salvage as quickly as possible. But, I just don’t see things on my own.

Dagr

• Thanks 1

Thank you all. So very much

You made me brave enough to call nurse today about all, this , but guess what? It’s a government building so they are closed for the h9liday. Dang. I don’t know if I will be brave enough or truly believe there is some manic stuff going on tomorrow  because when I got told by two professionals that “just very energetic and lively and that everyone gets this way in the spring” it really messed with my mind. I trust you all very much though. So that’s why I tried to call nurse today  

Husband now knows about debt.he knows about mania and was the first to spot it.

*DETAILS OF POSSIBLE or probable MANIC BEHAVIOR* omitted too boring

but maybe the worst is over and I was never that bad in the first place so that’s why case management and tdoc said thst? And I am sleeping lots. So.

But. Anyway. I see tdoc on Thursday online. 

But I can’t complain. I have a roof over my head. I have craft supplies lol. 

I’ve been inclined to accept that sort of dismissive stuff too, which did not help me at all. I can’t even begin to say how much debt and other behavior followed. At some point I’ve had to say they weren’t taking me seriously. I do think now my pdoc takes me seriously—now. So I say, do be adamant, do say they are downplaying things that are causing you problems, do tell them to take you seriously. I don’t know why we have to have such conversations but apparently it’s the case. Manic debt has really affected my life and ability to meet goals so it’s nothing to brush off. I hope you are listened to a little better. 

• Thanks 1