CrazyBoards.org

Being home all the time has not been going well.  I sneak things I shouldn't because I figure I can get away with it.  That's not a good reason, but the inner addict sees this as a brilliant opportunity.  Anyone else stuck in this tug of war?  I am trying to figure out how to get a handle on it.   

See now I am.scared to post this because I worry I'm being monitored.  So paranoia just to add more fun to the mix.  But where else can I talk about it when I don't want anyone else to know.

@Complicated toad, do you have any friends that might be going through the same struggles?......You might be able to talk to them.......

I know you said you don't want anyone else to know, but do you have a therapist you trust that you could confide in?

• Thanks 1

I know a lot of people are really struggling with this. There was an interesting piece on NPR a couple of weeks back about how devastating it’s been for people who rely on meetings to maintain their sobriety.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/24/820543018/covid-19-outbreak-impacts-people-in-addiction-recovery

I don’t know if you do groups, but there are a lot of online options:

https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

Those are all 12-steps, which I know aren’t for everyone. I bet there are others.

You did the right thing posting. We can’t help if we don’t know.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @CrazyRedhead and @Gearhead.   I have trust issues with telling professionals when i am drinking because of some history with a pdoc filing a petition for committment on me because of a relapse.  Good reminder for aa, since so much is virtual its easier to fit into a schedule.  I am not a huge 12 stepper but i did spend plenty of time there in the past and there are benefits.  Honestly, i felt stupid that i posted this so your responses meant a lot.  It reminds me that its ok to reach out to others.