CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
bpladybug

Gained 21 lbs

Shit I have gained 21 lbs during this pandemic.  Now my biggest, largest shorts are tight

and the others don't zip up

I did a LOT of comfort eating during March and April plus the Seroquel is always an issue

I feel ashamed and embarrassed and self hatred

good thing zoom doesn't show below my shoulders

shit i hate myself

I’m sorry you feel bad about yourself. Know that you’re very much not alone.

https://www.sheknows.com/health-and-wellness/articles/2181859/isolation-weight-gain-body-positivity/

https://www.dailycamera.com/2020/03/30/editorial-the-other-coronavirus-symptoms-couch-time-and-weight-gain/

I’ve been on Seroquel and it’s an insidious bitch of a drug for weight gain. Never in my life have I had specific carb cravings except while I took it. 

I agree, seroquel is a bitch for weight gain.  

Be gentle with yourself - your weight does not dictate your value.  You're a wonderful person, regardless of weight.  I get wanting clothes to fit for sure (I'm there too), but I have firm belief you'll be able to fit into your clothes again.

45 minutes ago, jarn said:

I agree, seroquel is a bitch for weight gain.  

Be gentle with yourself - your weight does not dictate your value.  You're a wonderful person, regardless of weight.  I get wanting clothes to fit for sure (I'm there too), but I have firm belief you'll be able to fit into your clothes again.

thank you jarn

I took Beaux out for an extra little walk

I need to keep moving even though I feel terrible in my body

• Like 1

I know I've gathered on at least 10 or 15, might be creeping towards 20.  I am afraid to get on a scale, I don't want to make myself feel worse.  If it helps at all, it is happening to so many of us!  I have been increasing my seroquel during this pandemic to try to get back on an even keel.  It's like a perfect storm of factors to cause weight gain.  
Weirdest thing is that my dog also has an anxiety disorder and she stops going for walks in the summer.  Fireworks, thunderstorms, motorcycles - it all becomes too scary and I can't get her out the door until the weather is cold again.  So that doesn't help me either.

18 hours ago, bpladybug said:

I did a LOT of comfort eating during March and April plus the Seroquel is always an issue

Don't hate yourself.....Weight gain happened to me also when I was on Seroquel......Would it be an option to switch to a more weight neutral AAP?

15 hours ago, bpladybug said:

thank you jarn

I took Beaux out for an extra little walk

I need to keep moving even though I feel terrible in my body

I struggle with that too, when I go for a run.  I feel like I'm not a real runner, and people must look at me and laugh at me (with no evidence, it's just what I assume).  I don't like going for runs during the day when people are out and about.  It's hard.

2 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Don't hate yourself.....Weight gain happened to me also when I was on Seroquel......Would it be an option to switch to a more weight neutral AAP?

I have tried a lot of drug and I'm sensitive and have side effects

Zyprexa of course is gold for the brain but is even worse for weight gain.

Abilify makes me twitch and have wierd movements - scary

I have decided that any movement or walk no matter how short will help me with this weight gain.

Just keep moving.  Lots of ten minute walks with Beaux is better than the couch.

• Like 1