CrazyBoards.org

Stability and Stress

For the past 2 years, I've been dealing with my dad's estate. In that time I've had 4 out of my 5 hospitalizations. My theory is that this stress has caused more DXes and more RXes.

What have been your experiences with stress and increases in your DX/RX?

Stress is definitevely a trigger for severe BP episodes.

It's happened to me I was also DX'ed during a period of extreme stress), to other people I know. my doctor keeps repeating it is and trying to get me to eliminate as much of it as possible, and I've read it is many times, even though I cannot remember where...

Sorry to hear about you dad and the troubles with the estate...

Love,

Freesoul

Yes, definately.  Even for me our upcoming family vacation is creating MAJOR stress right now and money issues - gadz.  So in your answer yes yes yes.  Even upcoming family gatherings = unstability. 

Oh man. Trigger me this trigger me that.

Last year my wife and myself put so much pressure on me to get more work or get some sort of a regular job. The pressure was so bad some days I was almost throwing up. Then worse depression set in because I knew I couldn't do it.

I've gotten worse and worse since last year and I think that had a big part of it. I applied for disability last fall and now that's a big stressor too.

My doctor let's me know how difficult I am. I have big problems with anxiety, but at the same time have extremely low energy and motivation. So for example Lexapro helps with anxiety which is necessary but also makes me lethargic. It's a big unsolvable puzzle.

Any little thing triggers anxiety now and I also get triggers for depression. No triggers for hypomania unfortunately, that just comes when it wants to.

Archived