CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Cerberus

You can't make this stuff up

In today's news, it seems that a medical worker in India transporting vials of blood samples drawn from patients who tested positive for Covid-19...

...wait for it...

...was attacked by monkeys, who stole the vials and escaped with them. The monkeys eventually tossed the vials when they got tired of chewing on the packets. Authorities have asked for an investigation. Of the hospital, not the monkeys.

When you think about it, you have to wonder, what are the chances of a person being robbed by a band of monkeys, especially in the 21st century? Well, I suppose in certain parts of India the chances are higher than in, say, Kansas City, but the point is you don't think about it happening. Yet there are so many of us now - crowding on 8 billion - that where the chance of something bizarre happening to an individual would have been remote, multiplied by all of the individuals, the chance becomes almost a certainty.

The takeaway message from this is: Watch your back. There are monkeys.

• Like 3

My friend sent an article about that to me, and I was like 'That HAS to be fake news' but yeah.  Just bizarre!

Posted (edited)

I heard about it.  Mother nature is really taking the piss out of us these days.

Edited by wookie

Well as bizarre as that may seem there are many documented reports of monkeys attacking humans. 

Who knows what drew them to steal the vials of blood though

Hunger? Curiosity? 🙉