CrazyBoards.org
Beeseal

Odd way to self harm, will it do anything??

Posted (edited)

I’ve had no ill effects at all. Is that weird? Do I assume that if nothings happened by now, it won’t?

Edited by MiaB
graphic details removed by moderator

No comment, we are not going to help you hurt yourself.

Posted (edited)

it's time to use whatever coping skills you have at your disposal. i like to try and think of my body as just a vessel, a meat machine that allows me to type and talk and ask people for help. you don't have to love your body or even like it, but you can respect it the same way you respect your car. use it. take minimal care of it. help it when it has problems. your brain works better when it doesn't have to focus on repairing your meat or fighting off bacteria. 

i hope you are doing okay.

Edited by MiaB
reference to graphic info from OP removed by moderator

Posted (edited)

Hi Beeseal

Welcome to CrazyBoards.  Before you proceed with any further posts on the self injury forum, please take the time to read our guidelines.  I specifically want to draw your attention to the following:

When writing about self harm, it's not necessary to go into details about tools, size of wounds, types of wounds, blood, bruises etc. Graphic descriptions of self harm can serve the same purpose as self harm photos, in that they can serve to trigger others and romanticise self harm. This kind of dwelling on the specifics of the method can detract from the aim of stopping.

I have accordingly edited out areas of the posts above that specifically refer to the method you are using to try to harm yourself. 

From our guidelines again:

Here we aim to create a safe place for people to talk about their journey to quit self harm through learning to use coping skills.  It is our intention to afford people the opportunity to share about their self harm in a recovery context. 

Those of us who have been down the road of self injury in its many forms understand the battle involved, and most of us literally have the scars to prove it. We know what it's like to live with this crap in our heads, and how we can fall many times before being able to get up and move on.  The intent of this particular forum is to support one another in learning to cope, finding help, and identifying alternative strategies (see other pinned topics at the top of the forum). 

In short, we are here to listen and encourage you in overcoming your personal fight, but cannot and will not tolerate graphic information or requests for how to hurt yourself further.

Mia (moderator)

Edited by MiaB
  • Like 1

Hello Beeseal! Sort of curious about what you did but that's not important. Many of us have self-harmed in the past and we understand though we can't not recommend it enough. There's better ways to deal with the pain you feel, like talking to the nice people here. I have a mess of scars and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

@Fluent In Silence Yes, scars really suck. You can’t undo them and when you haven’t self harmed in many years and just want to move on, getting questions about them is frustrating.